BM restoration

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, h67st said:

Is the bumper jack to keep from flat spotting the tires?

The floor is not level so we are keeping the truck level as we install the wood to fit and other made to fit items like the hood, doors, etc.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, yarnall said:

Dan, if you need more room you can send the Aussie truck back east again. I’ll take care of it for you.  Mike 

You know, it's that helpful caring attitude that makes it all worthwhile.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

mackdaddy  .    whats the story on those two ars. machines in the photo ? are you involved in that kind of work or are they just in for something else?  super nice job on the mack :twothumbsup:

I have a dozen of those machines. yes, I am an industrial painting contractor. Steel grit works great out west inland where there is no humidity and months without rain!! we also do a lot of robotic blasting with grit in penstocks. we had 4 units on this project for 2yrs.

1980-01-01 00.00.25.jpg

31 minutes ago, mackdaddy said:

I have a dozen of those machines. yes, I am an industrial painting contractor. Steel grit works great out west inland where there is no humidity and months without rain!! we also do a lot of robotic blasting with grit in penstocks. we had 4 units on this project for 2yrs.

1980-01-01 00.00.25.jpg

that is a really impressive setup . wish our eq. looked as good

13 hours ago, Mike Harbison said:

That's odd.

It is and I have been looking closely at all of the early B's and F's that used the same style side panels. There appears to be many different styles and I assume it may have to do with the engine that is installed. This BM was ordered from the factory with the larger cube engine that was the standard in the BX so I am thinking there must have been a difference??

2 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

It is and I have been looking closely at all of the early B's and F's that used the same style side panels. There appears to be many different styles and I assume it may have to do with the engine that is installed. This BM was ordered from the factory with the larger cube engine that was the standard in the BX so I am thinking there must have been a difference??

That could be.