biggest difference between an australian r-800 and an us rd-800 is in the hood and fenders. an rd-800 has a deeper hood with lower fenders while a r-800 has a shallow dm-800 style hood with higher hung fenders. Unlike a dm-800 the fenders are closed in on the front so they appear to fit the tire where a dm-800 the tire is falls toward the back of the opening.

I have driven past here many times and have never stopped, always say I should abd will

I am unsure if I can just call in or if I have to make a appointment to see  it 

Must jump on the phone beforehand and find out one day 

The R 800 was a bit of everthing and appears to have been built in all shapes and sizes 

Paul 

Hi Paul

Yes I understand that you may be able to visit Tony's museum. You will need to make contact with them through their office, look up Champions and you should get the number and make time with them, you will be surprised, this R800 is an appetizer and allow at least 3 hours if you want a proper look and read info. When you call ask if they allow pictures taken.

Enjoy your visit to Mack Heaven - down under 🚛 😀