1968 CF600, B65 Roller $1000 each

mackb67

Codes is up my butt so both need to go....1968 CF685 had a good running 65 k mile ENDT673 but the Spicer 2 speed took a dump and has been partially stripped...B65 rolling chassis with a UniShift

B65 A.JPG

C685F A.JPG

C685F B.JPG

CF600 went for scrap...B65 has a title and the engine is not stuck but if someone doesn't speak up it may go for scrap too....I had always fancied dropping the steering column, putting a couple of bucket seats on it and making a speedster out of it...just an idea

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnaile.jpg

I "may" be interested in the engine as a ready spare for my B-673. I have no extra parts for the "Leaning Tower of Mack" under the hood and I think a B-65 engine did lean IIRC. I could be wrong too.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well damn. One I looked at a few years ago did have a leaner in it. That is the only other B-65 I've ever seen and assumed it was original. Oh well, Thanks.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Put a carport over it. Ordinances probably don't forbid a portable carport, and if the chassis is inside then they can't see it.

My 40 something trucks on my property in Riverhead can't be touched anymore. Put antique insurance on them @ $300 for the first, $150 for the next two and the balance are no charge. Spent $4000 something for lifetime antique tags and though they are mostly carcasses they are legal carcasses. They can change the ordinance except I'm grandfathered in.  Not thing one they can do and it kills them 🤣

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My 40 something trucks on my property in Riverhead can't be touched anymore. Put antique insurance on them @ $300 for the first, $150 for the next two and the balance are no charge. Spent $4000 something for lifetime antique tags and though they are mostly carcasses they are legal carcasses. They can change the ordinance except I'm grandfathered in.  Not thing one they can do and it kills them 🤣

What insurance company are you using?

Wow 40 antiques! Easily could have cost 5k to clean that up! Well worth it if you have the extra cash laying around!

Our property is zoned "light industrial" so what can pretty much do whatever we want. Except paint our house whatever color we want because we're in the "historical district." Its a stone house built in the late 1700s, but it's far enough back from the road no one bothers us when we do anything to it.  Plus we're not too belligerent, owning an old house requires a certain amount of TLC, just like an old truck. You wouldn't turn a B61 into a pink Batmobile just like we wouldn't paint a rainbow on our stone house!

14 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

What insurance company are you using?

I'm able to use Grundy because I have four collector cars and tree antique bikes insured with them

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

Wow 40 antiques! Easily could have cost 5k to clean that up! Well worth it if you have the extra cash laying around!

Our property is zoned "light industrial" so what can pretty much do whatever we want. Except paint our house whatever color we want because we're in the "historical district." Its a stone house built in the late 1700s, but it's far enough back from the road no one bothers us when we do anything to it.  Plus we're not too belligerent, owning an old house requires a certain amount of TLC, just like an old truck. You wouldn't turn a B61 into a pink Batmobile just like we wouldn't paint a rainbow on our stone house!

43 trucks in N.Y. ,70+ trucks in Virginia and 12 trucks in Maine plus my business units add another 25 trucks, trailers and machines counting the pair of AM General power units I just bought. Parts are in 10 containers and barns in three states. Cars only a bakers dozen.

Clean up? the old combine we had in Virginia I dug a big deep hole and buried it. I have 1150 acres in Va, 60 in Maine and 28 in Riverhead N.Y. all have the potential for parts disposal.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 5/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, JoeH said:

Put a carport over it. Ordinances probably don't forbid a portable carport, and if the chassis is inside then they can't see it.

Not true. Putting up a carport may constitute a structure which is impervious surface, and could require a zoning permit. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

^^  This.  I went through this 14 yrs ago with my truck.  I'm maxed with building sq footage, couldn't put up carport, can't fence it in, blah, blah, blah.  Plates or insurance didn't change the physical "Truck" they called it.  I ended up cutting my garage up to fit the truck inside.

Mike Harbison took on city hall with his field of trucks and won(after plating and insuring them all).  But that area is a bit more rural then my place.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I zoned my property "industrial" for this very purpose. Only thing I can't do is physically "live" in the shop building. It costs a bit more in real estate taxes each year, but there are no headaches from neighbors, zoning officials, or anything of the like. In other words "no problems" with whatever I choose to do.

One thing you "most likely" could do and get away with is to build a skid mounted storage building with a floor heavy enough to support the weight. In your case that may be substantial but it's what we have done to get zoning off a guy's ass here locally with an antique bulldozer within the city limits. With no concrete or gravel involved and the shed unmounted to the ground, it is a "storage shed" and not taxable, nor subject to zoning rules. Neighbors have challenged/tried different angles for years to get it removed, but it's still there.

Might be a bit less trouble if the owner would attempt to get along with his neighbors but has chosen the unflinching "asshole" route.  

On 5/27/2019 at 9:58 PM, h67st said:

I went with Hagerty, they gave me the best price on vintage truck insurance. Of course, I didn't check Grundy.

Grundy covered my trucks because I have a few cars and motorcycles with them, The policy is for a vehicle collection, I don't know if the will insure a truck alone. 

P.T.CHESHIRE

I tried the "shed" routine.  Nope, they won't allow it.  ANYTHING with a roof is considered a building and on residential property goes towards your total sq footage on outbuildings.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Just now, Freightrain said:

I tried the "shed" routine.  Nope, they won't allow it.  ANYTHING with a roof is considered a building and on residential property goes towards your total sq footage on outbuildings.

Around here it is the attached to the ground type thing. If it sets on the ground, but is not anchored, (such as a foundation) it is not taxable. A storage building can set on a concrete pad and not be taxable as long as someone doesn't use it as a residence.