12 speed selector rebuild.

MACKS

My selector is dumping air like crazy so I'll attempt to rebuild it,got this kit a Mack is has the barrel and every thing else in there I hope,they banged me 226 bucks,a new one is 400,here's the part number if anyone needs it.

IMG_1949.JPG

Don't know about clearance for a newer truck but the TRDL-107, and TRDL-1070 in my trucks were easy to get at as the cabs are raised from the frames quite a bit. The 10, and 12 speeds are very similar to rebuild but you have one more cylinder to contend with. I'd rebuild the selector at the same time as it's a maintenance item and will probably start leaking once it gets full air pressure against it too.

The PAI kits are just as good as OEM at considerable less cost.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

As the old saying goes, "can't rape the willing" . Take that ridiculous thing back and pay whatever restock they charge. PAI Industries sells that same branded kit for $55.34, available, in-stock @ Georgia's PDC. The PAI conversion part number is FKT-1148.

Damn,that's a days pay,thanks..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

14RC1131 is indeed the part number for the rebuild kit, but did you mean to say $226.....or $26?   It used to sell under $30.

No 226, I said wtf I might as well buy a complete one he looks it up,over 400 bucks..two months ago I went to them for two cab mounts for my cl,already found em line for 120 each,well Mack wanted 260 each,I said no that's for two,nope head honcho in he back confirmed 260 each..I just walked out,crazy chit going on with them..

17 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

All it takes is a parts guy with coffee twitch to double tap a digit on a manual price install.

PAI prides themselves on blowing 30% (or+) off Mack's prices. It would be the first time I've seen Mack beat PAI.

I just got a price from Watt's, 211.81 plus shipping,makes no sense to me how there could be a 175 dollar difference in a small part like that and I assume there exactly the same quality..

I rely pretty heavily upon PAI for a lot of things but my local representative is a big help too calling me when he knows someone with an older Mack has something for sale.

I've never had a problem with quality issues from their parts either.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

44 minutes ago, MACKS said:

I just got a price from Watt's, 211.81 plus shipping,makes no sense to me how there could be a 175 dollar difference in a small part like that and I assume there exactly the same quality..

Case in Point...…Since the internet gives everyone and information advantage you would assume it would force the market to comply, nope. Amazon did drop $50, I think it was like $250 and northern tool was around $70 at one point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1