Boston E-21 55' B-85 Thermadyne

FDNY 343

Welcome to the forum.  Beautiful truck. What is the serial number. My father has 1098 and I have 1379.  I looked at a non-restored Harrisburg PA B95F1138 this week that is for sale but I passed on it.  Have fun with it and hopefully we will meet at Macungie this year. 

Mike. 

Edited by yarnall

Welcome! nice units, don't know which I like more the Mack or the Ford. Macungie is the ATCA event of the season. Close to the Mack Museum and always cool rigs and people. Around the middle of June.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Welcome! nice units, don't know which I like more the Mack or the Ford. Macungie is the ATCA event of the season. Close to the Mack Museum and always cool rigs and people. Around the middle of June.

Fathers Day weekend. Friday to Sunday, but lots arrive on Thursday. VERY good show

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

great looking 'B' Mack , your at the right site for information on Macks, if your on the east coast even better. their is a big parts (everything ) meet in April called the Spring Melt in Allentown  Pa. Also help to joint an association like a local chapter of SPAAMFA for info on musters & all info related to the 'hobby' . I'm in south jersey ,belong to the Cradle of Liberty Antique Fire Apparatus Assoc,(check our website). I have a 54 'LS85 Mack  (open cab)

7 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Wow very cool jiggers, both of them

Do you blokes call 50 Ford a "Single Spinner"

Thats we call them in Australia 

Paul 

No. We call them Shoe Box Fords.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

FDNY 343:

Is this really a former Boston Fire Dep't. engine? I thought that the "B" models Boston had (Boston's last Macks) were semi-cabs with the unique Boston bodies. 

If not, do you know what department it came from? Either way, nice engine and car.

bulldogboy

Thanks all, Hatcity and 41 Chevy I'll have to put that show on the calendar I'd like to check that out. 609Albert I do live on the East Coast, Wilmington NC now, when I was up in NY I used to go to musters all over the North East I'm not to sure about down here though. I am on the SPAAMFAA sites, from what I've been reading there seems to be quite a bit of BS going on with being a member. 30+ years of the fire service and I've had my fill of chest pounding good O'l boy networks. I just want to enjoy and talk Fire Trucks or Trucks in general, I like them all. 

bulldogboy I think it's a replica, someone on the SPAAMFAA asked the same question. The previous owner (Passed Away) apparently grew up next to and buffed BFD Eng 21 his entire life. From what his son and others have told me he was quite the BFD Historian, he built his own Fully Functional BFD E-21 firehouse (Bunkroom ~ Poles ~ Chiefs Office ~ Radio Room and more) it was some place and he had it all filled with a massive Fire Department Collection. That being said I was unable to get any records (as of now) of either Truck or Car, I wrote to the Mack Museum and hope they can send me some information. I'd like to figure out how I could research it's true history....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All, look forward to reading up in the different forums and learning more

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:51 PM, yarnall said:

Welcome to the forum.  Beautiful truck. What is the serial number. My father has 1098 and I have 1379.  I looked at a non-restored Harrisburg PA B95F1138 this week that is for sale but I passed on it.  Have fun with it and hopefully we will meet at Macungie this year. 

Mike. 

I hope to make it Mike, I had the wrong numbers for the serial number mine is B85F 1107. I’m still looking to add more rigs, I’d like an open cab mid 40’s or earlier. 

B2326F22-D885-4947-B864-6138985BF298.jpeg