Sign in to follow this  
eddeere

Core support

One step forward two back . Got the fenders mounted without a scratch . Put the new bumper on noticed the right fender was 1/2 "lower than left.  Closer examination the core support was about 3/16 lower where the new rubber bushings were installed . Do not know what to do, shim the bushings ? Would like to pull the core support but do not know how to support the fenders when I do .

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

• Like 1

No way to just loosen it and slide  in 3/16 to 1/4 inches of body shims? They do come in long versions.   Paul

Edited by 41chevy

Shims are an old trucks best friend.  Easy peasy.  Used a couple on my B75 while hanging the sheet metal.

• Like 1

Yes, I had the same issues in several places on the front sheet metal. As Jim said shims and thick washers to the rescue.

ORRRRR..........just slot the bumper holes in the frame and move it til it matches the front end??   LOL!!

I agree, slip the bolt out, jack the support up and slip in a thick washer(or two).

Thanks everyone . I used some stainless shims 1/4" Pried the core support up and slid them in .Still can not figure why the support would not go down level . Looks ok now .

I sure do like that gray color...the truck looks like it's coming along nicely.

Thanks . All it takes is time and money .

• Like 1

My B was off exactly the same as yours.    Maybe the high torque over the years has stuff pulled.  I added a washer or two and also enlarged bumper holes some.