Truck Shop

Guess the year of this KW

Tilt nose, narrow grill, quad lights say it a 1959.  Paul

WAG

1961 with cowl mounted mirrors

cya

Model 923

• Like 1

No clue on year but looks like old Pacific Molasses colors-they used to pull bulk molasses out of Port of Albany NY...'65?

oh well  i only missed by 9 years :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

oh well  i only missed by 9 years :D

If it was a Dog, I could have given the time, date and year just by sniffing the bulldogs . . . never mind 

• Like 1

lol   any way its a nice looking kw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tenfive0 said:

Never mind, it's a Kenworth.

Yes-but it doesn't have a dumb ass visor covering half of the windshield nor does it have "gangsta" full wrap plastic rear fenders-forgive me just showing my age😉

Speaking of fenders, southbound on 495 below Mass Pike yesterday and Pete Triaxle in breakdown lane-blown left front tire that destroyed fender.  couldn't help but think of the guy that crossed the divider a couple of weeks ago and nailed that 'hound-some days you get lucky.

• Like 1

I like KW's up to about the very early 1970's before plastic and vinyl arrived in force. The older ones have personality like MACK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

I like damn near anything from 81 down.     Old trucks have character, new trucks look look like a egg with small fins, can't tell one from another. And less reliable. 

Had a two reps from Freightliner-Portland in the shop a month ago discussing issues. I don't think they were impressed with me.

I told them it's a good thing they don't build airplanes.

Truck Shop

I've got a few 70's 80's MACKS and 3 Marmons and a CCC / AM GEneral M917 dump for my business no Paacar or Navistar would last a year in my line of work. I've tipped the scale with the M917 over 95,000 a few times, never even strained it.

Nothing east of the Rockies? But MACK is east of the Rockies

I like other trucks.   That's why I look in the other truck makes forum.      Post away with pics of those classy KW's.    

On October 6, 2018 at 11:09 PM, tenfive0 said:

Had a steel delivery earlier this week and the driver did nothing but bitch about what a piece of crap his new Kenworth was. He said the truck was bought low bid and it spends more time in the shop then on the road. 

You can't compare a truck purchased from a low bid situation to a normal spec'd truck.     That's the same as comparing a chevette to a corvette, both chevys. (Bad example because I'm not a corvette fan, but you get the point)

Not impressed with any unit after mid  90's with electronics including a Mack. New have to many issues and the earlier ones have an issue getting electronic spares.

Posted (edited)

Well now I have to ask- I ran across two un-restored AC Macks and another that is restored today as a matter of fact. Now with those Mack's were two 30's KW's and a 1939 Pete.

Now I have to go back to the salvage yard in the very near future to pickup the steer axle and other parts that were given to me for my B75 by the owner. And I'am going to get pic's.

Big question does anybody want to see pics of the AC Macks. If so am I going to hear flack about the KW's and Pete I post under {Other Trucks}?

Truck Shop

Edited by Truck Shop

2 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Well now I have ask- I ran across two un-restored AC Macks and another that is restored today as a matter of fact. Now with those Mack's were two 30's KW's and a 1939 Pete.

Now I have to go back to the salvage yard in the very near future to pickup the steer axle and other parts that were given to me for my B75 by the owner. And I'am going to get pic's.

Big question does anybody want to see pics of the AC Macks. If so am I going to here flack about the KW's and Pete I post under {Other Trucks}?

Truck Shop

I do , I always can use more ,

The ac's ok.   But since this is other truck makes id much sooner see the Pete & KW.     

3 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Big question does anybody want to see pics of the AC Macks. If so am I going to here flack about the KW's and Pete I post under {Other Trucks}?

Truck Shop

Post away, My Friend...

I'll lend you a Flack jacket if you like....

• Like 1