Consolidated Freightways F model

I saw a picture on facebook which really floored me. It was a Consolidated Freightways Mack F model 50 in BBC. The caption stated that it probably was from a company that they bought out.

It was done up in the later year white paint scheme with the red and green stripes. I wonder what company that might have been from. The only Mack's I ever saw for CF were the CH's from the 90's. I would think that would be a collectable photo. :)

That picture is a PA produced Mack. If they were evaluating the western F's they may have not followed through because of poor build quality in Hayward (as Mr. Karbel stated about the early Cruiseliners from Hayward). Also if they were evaluating the eastern F models, they may have been to heavy. Since CF was a coast to coast carrier the maxidynes of that era may not have worked well in the western mountains. Then again Detroits and Cummins were offered in the F's of that time. Price and delivery times may have been an issue also.

More insight is needed.:huh:

On 7/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, james j neiweem said:

I saw a picture on facebook which really floored me. It was a Consolidated Freightways Mack F model 50 in BBC. The caption stated that it probably was from a company that they bought out.

It was done up in the later year white paint scheme with the red and green stripes. I wonder what company that might have been from. The only Mack's I ever saw for CF were the CH's from the 90's. I would think that would be a collectable photo. :)

Did you know there were 5 CHs put into the C.F. fleet with factory L10 Cummins engines. They were Mack test trucks and the only CHs to ever be powered with a vendor diesel engine. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 10:11 PM, james j neiweem said:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/cf_tribute_90_00s.htm

1 hour ago, mackdaddy said:

in the NW mountains it was for snow building up in the horn!

Thanks, Mate. We Don't have that Problem down here..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -