Hacked?

HeavyGunner

since the last website update I've noticed that there are constantly weird ads popping up in the forums.  Is BMT getting hacked or just allowing some advertisement? 

• Thanks 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

You guys don’t see this middle ad? This and the golden goose shoes and a few others I see posted on bmt a lot now

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Yes, I saw that.  It is a blog entry.  Anyone can do it.  You can enter the Blogs using the top toolbar.  As new content, it will show in unread content.

I am OK with folks posting crap in the blogs because I ignore it.  I get upset if spam is put into the truck content sections.  There was some spam in the antique truck section the other day so I hit the "Report" button and let the moderators deal with.

Poof!   It was gone.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Yes, I saw that.  It is a blog entry.  Anyone can do it.  You can enter the Blogs using the top toolbar.  As new content, it will show in unread content.

I am OK with folks posting crap in the blogs because I ignore it.  I get upset if spam is put into the truck content sections.  There was some spam in the antique truck section the other day so I hit the "Report" button and let the moderators deal with.

Poof!   It was gone.

So is that spam or an advertisement in the pic I posted? Because it seems all kinds of weird stuff that seems like unwanted advertisements are popping up.   

1 hour ago, macks in nigeria said:

I think the Golden Goose Shoes guy signed on as a member and posted a long meaningless message about it,at least that is what I saw.

Ok so it is a spam of sorts. 

10 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

I think some people sign up to web forums  and Facebook then start to post their spam for others to see. its not hacking because they are not digging into the guts of the web page design but they are posting useless crap for others to see....

thats how I see it atleast

Well said. I was using the wrong word (hacking) when trying to describe what I was seeing.  

It's just spam...when you see stuff like that, hit the REPORT button and I will nuke it from orbit!  Nothing to do with the past hack, spammers are just out in full force right now!

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK