Did Daryl Gushee pass on?

41chevy

I heard from the gent I got my B parts from at the Coles Museum that he thought Daryl Gushee passed away last week. Anyone know if it's true?    Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes he Did.. 54 years old.. What a shock to everyone.. Was found dead on his shop floor on Saturday 12/20/17. Have not heard the cause yet but friends are assuming it was one of those massive heart attacks that kill instantly??

There is a lot more info on the Just Old Trucks website, both in the Monday 1/1/18 What Am I? section and the Peter J's Place section under topic "Sad News". Understand he had over 300 antique vehicles of which 11 were Linns. If you attended ATHS Springfield Mass in 2012 he had about 6 or 8 trucks there so check out your Showtime book.  

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/125216/What-Am-I-for-Monday-1012018

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/125200/sad-news

Brocky

Brian from Joesph Equipment is probaly up there snooping around for a steal, and it's where it will all end up, he has the money and room to keep his collection all together.  I heard about it shortly from one of his guys, I had bid work with him, every year seems we lose more, Randy Telkamp, house mover from SD was the best guy you ever could do biz with, Willy was from down in Eagle Pass TX. he took trailers over the border and actually brought them back, he was a buddy of Jack Hodges of OK  and Al Wheeler the old Vegas Mack dealer, all great all gone,   anybody knew any of them ???  

15 hours ago, Brocky said:

Yes he Did.. 54 years old.. What a shock to everyone.. Was found dead on his shop floor on Saturday 12/20/17. Have not heard the cause yet but friends are assuming it was one of those massive heart attacks that kill instantly??

There is a lot more info on the Just Old Trucks website, both in the Monday 1/1/18 What Am I? section and the Peter J's Place section under topic "Sad News". Understand he had over 300 antique vehicles of which 11 were Linns. If you attended ATHS Springfield Mass in 2012 he had about 6 or 8 trucks there so check out your Showtime book.  

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/125216/What-Am-I-for-Monday-1012018

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/125200/sad-news

I talked to him on December 17 about 10 of the 20 Sterlings he had for sale. I tried to get in touch with him this weekend when went I was in Maine The man loading me at the Coles Museum told me he thought Mr Gushee died. He'll be missed. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A major loss to the preservation of old iron - especially snow removal related equipment.  I had the opportunity to see him in action at the Kemp Auction in NH.  He appeared to be grabbing everything that he could to keep it from the scrap hunters.

I was especially impressed with the work he was putting into the recreation of a 1928 Linn Truck with what has been established as the first hydraulic Gradall mounted on it.  From the photos he was basically starting with a painted shell of the original machine and recreating it piece by piece.  Previous "restoration" had been basically paint only.  Last I had seen online Daryl had it back to running and operating.  Amazing dedication!

Apparently God had a complex rigging or truck restoration project that he needed an expert to take care of.  RIP.  

• Like 1
  • Like 1