kscarbel2

Chevrolet Class 4/5/6 Silverado

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

The non-emissions 12-valve B Series engines averaged 22 miles per gallon.

Yep and Dad like most of the Cummins fans weren’t excited when they went to the 24 valve in ‘98. Mileage was still decent but got better with a tuner. Like I said earlier he was very disappointed with his 6.7 until he did the delete. I’d really like to repower on of my older vehicles with the new Cummins R2.8l which is the replacement for the 4bt. It’s 300 pounds lighter than the 4bt has (if I’m remembering the article correctly) 167hp and I think around 270tq. Cummins gave the crew at Peterson’s 4WOR Magazine a few to put into jeeps and pickups and the Cummins engineers were actually with them on a lot of the trips checking out the motor and in different situations and the motor did phenomenal. No emissions on it and it’s only offered as a turn key crate motor for $10k. 

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1710-beta-testing-the-r2-8-diesel-with-cummins/

Edited by HeavyGunner
Added content