79 K100

Truck Shop

49 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

What a sweetie` I had a 73 first year of the double bunk would like to have another one . that double breasted yamaha would have to go though as well as torsion susp.

I was hoping it had a 12V71:).

Truck Shop

One ping only

Yeah, that torsion bar setup is a real beast. I worked at Pic-Way Shoes in the 80's and we had 10 of them. We spent a lot of time replacing bushings on them, and you have to take the weight off the suspension to get them greased properly.

14 minutes ago, h67st said:

Yeah, that torsion bar setup is a real beast. I worked at Pic-Way Shoes in the 80's and we had 10 of them. We spent a lot of time replacing bushings on them, and you have to take the weight off the suspension to get them greased properly.

Believe me I'm not a torsion fan-that would go and a 260 wheel base change also.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

13 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

is that truck for sale?

The guy that owns it is retiring from farming, and he is getting rid of several things this being one of them. I have had an eye on it for years, I don't believe he wants much for it.

I know his son in-law and he told me they just want to get rid of it.

Truck Shop

One ping only

1 hour ago, Truck Shop said:

Believe me I'm not a torsion fan-that would go and a 260 wheel base change also.

Truck Shop

I'd be interested in the entire torsion bar set up.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My dad had a W-9 with torsion bar and said it didn't ride bad and worked very good off-road.   Problem was it was central pa in the early 80's when coal was booming, and they got paid by the ton.   It didn't hold up real good.  He kept braking stuff.   

• 2 weeks later...