Good MACK deals in Ohio

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I know the main auction will be a Norwalk(Summit Equip Motorsport Park), as the back end of the spectator side was jammed full of cars and they announced that during the Blue Suede Cruise next weekend that the auction will be going on.   They had local sheriff parked and it was a "No access" allowed area so you could not go look at any of it.  I saw one of just about everything ever made just from looking across the track since I was pitted down that way last weekend.  I'm guessing 150+ cars/pickups were lined up.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I know the main auction will be a Norwalk(Summit Equip Motorsport Park), as the back end of the spectator side was jammed full of cars and they announced that during the Blue Suede Cruise next weekend that the auction will be going on.   They had local sheriff parked and it was a "No access" allowed area so you could not go look at any of it.  I saw one of just about everything ever made just from looking across the track since I was pitted down that way last weekend.  I'm guessing 150+ cars/pickups were lined up.

The pair of B models and the L model Sleeper are under $150 for all 3, The first design AC's are under $1000 combined. Guess nobody's really interested in them?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Was at Norwalk auction today.  Lots of interesting vehicles but nothing to "write home" about.

The trucks will be auctioned on Sunday.

Lot 492R - B61T is currently at $1100

Lot 493R - B61LT is currently at $2100

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

5 hours ago, Superdog said:

somebody got some bargains

Mike,

I don't know the final prices or if they were bought by an on-site or internet bidder.  However, if the trucks were in similar condition as most of the vehicles auctioned on Saturday, in my opinion nothing was a bargain.  Nothing in the listing about condition, running, rust, drivetrain, completeness, etc.  But as they say "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

3 hours ago, farmer52 said:

Mike,

I don't know the final prices or if they were bought by an on-site or internet bidder.  However, if the trucks were in similar condition as most of the vehicles auctioned on Saturday, in my opinion nothing was a bargain.  Nothing in the listing about condition, running, rust, drivetrain, completeness, etc.  But as they say "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

Final Prices

1916 AC $5250

1918 AC $2400

L Model  $1000

B61LT  $2900

B61T  $1100

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, rustydog said:

Should be in the antique sign business, I guess...$9000 for a Studebaker sign?????

Studebaker and Hudson collectors are rabid about those things. A few years ago I sold a set of dealer parts books for Studebaker trucks at Hersey for $2300

P.T.CHESHIRE