Deere Mack

New Engine or New Truck?

58 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

That 2008 with an AI427 may have been for export. Or they could have legally used a left over E7 by balancing it's emissions with credits from cleaner engines. Using old engines for export to markets with weak emissions is common- Had an ex-International and current Cummins engineer help me install a new exhaust system on my old TDI a couple weeks back, they both had stories of new old stock engines that didn't meet current emissions requirements here being put in trucks exported to countries with weak standards or installed in military trucks which are exempt.

Stands to reason. We have a complete (OEM) emission cancellation retrofit kit, hardware & software, that can be purchased and installed in our Volvo L180H to convert our 13 Liter for sale over seas. Our company has to show destination of foreign purchase, ship information, misc proofs, etc before it can be purchased.  

On 7/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, Deere Mack said:

Realistically what do you guys think this truck should be priced at?  Also does 193,728 miles and 8240 hours sound right?  Salesman swore up and down those weren't roll over miles

as an example of a truck that has NOT sat around idling all day, my 05 T800 Kenworth has 269,243 miles and 5904 hours on it when parked this afternoon.

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

as an example of a truck that has NOT sat around idling all day, my 05 T800 Kenworth has 269,243 miles and 5904 hours on it when parked this afternoon.

Maybe it was just hanging out in the shade listening to the radio with the switch on...lol    I know it's really hard see how the hours are off that much.

For a truck that runs in the city a lot 30 MPH or less average is par for the course. At the Postal Service it's even worse- I've seen Macks there with only 400,000 miles but 20,000 hours, even slower average speeds in some of the more congested cities.

it had to be a municipal truck, is that what the salesman told you? If so that very well may add up, however uncommon, and be creating the price premium.  There are plenty of muni trucks that sit several days of the week or are bought with taxpayer money and used as a spare.  I remember the township i grew up in had the dealership do all the maintenance work.  Once every other month they would drop it off on a monday and pick it up the next monday...i bet that old girl had low miles

Our Gernatt Asphalt truck has a pretty low life speed average. Yours is 23.5, we are at 30.4, tjc is 45.7. It was a short haul aggregate truck. I'm guessing a dedicated route. About 640K miles @ 21K hours.

Gernatt.thumb.jpg.50df7ba4c25cedd339612a036fb33651.jpg

Same in our business my 2015 has 175000 miles and 8300 hours I'm average 21 MPh 1600 hours of pto time

11 hours ago, MackMann85 said:

it had to be a municipal truck, is that what the salesman told you? If so that very well may add up, however uncommon, and be creating the price premium.  There are plenty of muni trucks that sit several days of the week or are bought with taxpayer money and used as a spare.  I remember the township i grew up in had the dealership do all the maintenance work.  Once every other month they would drop it off on a monday and pick it up the next monday...i bet that old girl had low miles

Yes, said it was a County Truck.