Hobert62    587
14 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Can you give some details and snap a couple pictures of the drill and reams set ups used for the frame and how you chuck them?  

I just drill a 5/16" pilot hole with a regular 3/8" electric hand held drill.      Then I use the reamer in a 1/2" hand held electric drill just like a drill bit but works  easier and last longer.  Just squirt a little lube of your choice and that's it.   I have a 1/2 & 5/8 reams good quality worth their price.   I have a 3/4" from ebay and its junk.  image.thumb.jpg.9d06d97181c00842e0e220890bc48745.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.4df83ce9c384037ecf5b0c2cdfdb4815.jpg

• Like 1

thomastractorsvc    1,361

Thanks just wanted to make sure I was "tracking"

BGarofalo    116

Very nice work. Your experience shows. I've seen so many guys with all sorts of voodoo frame splices. I do mine like you with a vertical cut and insert. Every manual I've ever read has said to do it that way.  

I went away from the reamer and use a  rotocut annular cutter. It saves a lot of time. 5/8 hole in 1/2 rail in 45 seconds.  Over the course of 50 holes it really adds up on time savings. 

Cool project and great work! 

• Like 1

Hobert62    587
2 hours ago, BGarofalo said:

I went away from the reamer and use a  rotocut annular cutter. It saves a lot of time. 5/8 hole in 1/2 rail in 45 seconds.  Over the course of 50 holes it really adds up on time savings.  

That's in a mag drill?     I've seen them used.   They do work very nice.  My buddies one is a low profile style.  I think it would prob. fit between a drive tire and the frame rail.  

fxfymn    1,128

How did the hooker turn out?

On the balcony of the Chancellor Inn with her boobs hanging out according to General Hooker, hence the name.

• Like 1

Truck Shop    466

How did the hooker turn out?

With harvest and many other things going on it got put on back burner for a bit. Too much work going on, but we will be back on it soon. Thanks for asking.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

mrsmackpaul    1,536

well that didnt turn out anything like my brain thought it would LOL

Looks good to me

Paul 

• Like 1

david wild    937

60 rotator just got in from TX post pics. as soon as lettered, it will help the 40 stick boom and the little 15 from better built.

• Like 1

h67st    198

Looks great! Long wheelbase=nice ride and pick up mucho heavy truck.