Oh-no!

Timmyb

Whew! Now that's  a  fire! Glad he made it out of there alright,Timmy! Now comes the fun part-dealing  with the  insurance  company. Wish him the  best.   Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

bugger me not a lot of steel there by the looks of it 
I have never had this happen or anything close to it happen I feel thats more good luck than good planning 

Yes Insurance companies can be a bigger problem than what actually happens 

good luck with it all

Paul

Glad he is OK. It's tough right now, but when it is all said and done my bet is he will say he's glad it burned up completely so the insurance company didn't try to force him to fix it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Sorry that had to happen but......If he's alright, which it sounds like he is. I agree with whoever it was that said he is better off with total destruction than partial. He can be in a new truck in a few days.

...as opposed to waiting months just to own a mechanics nightmare.

• Like 2

Paul, yeah mostly aluminium and fibreglass. Not much left after they burn out. 

You guys are dead right, certainly best it was completely destroyed. 

The back half of the truck looks untouched, even the fuel tanks survived. IMG_2968.JPG.c9276b45aac7eefa9b9ad28f22fb43ee.JPG

Interesting the way aluminum cabs  burn/melt yet the rubber tire 3 ft away is like new.

The fuel tank was obviously full. It takes a huge amount of heat to get a full tank to burn or even vent out. The tank acted as a fire break to keep the heat from the rear tires.

Based on the first pictures I'd say either the left fuel tanks, or the fuel delivery system, failed which resulted in the ground fire you see. Also note that there is almost no interior fire in the first picture. Just a swag, but I'd want to look at the left fuel tank mounts, fuel delivery system or check to see if an object impaled the tank or struck the fuel delivery system.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...