Waiting for dispatch

70mackMB

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Nope. That's a factory freightliner... They had rather narrow windows. Old CF truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

582f2272eaacc723a00ff653.jpg.5c33497c2c06cc251a74aa266b6c7fde.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

HA! Someone bumped this one. Rick picked up the CF '93 Freightshaker in Evansville IN in January and has been working on it since then. lt was used by CF to pull triples from the mid-west to CA.  The '90 LN7000 Ford was a CF local truck he got from Black Creek NC back in 2010. And drove it home on Easter weekend at 48 mph!! We got the '70 MB Mack and a '58 Phalen 15T single axle low bed from Bluefield VA in Feb '15 and came home at 52 mph. He has one CF pup trailer as of this moment. We are headed to Peachbottom PA in the morning to get another CF trailer. Two weeks from now it's off to VT for a CF dolly and a look-a-like OVNT trailer for the MB.

41chevy...... Rick says the one in your post is For Sale in GA................   Hippy  

pretty cool....ive driven all 3 of those models....good luck with them .....i wouldnt buy anything from CF...only because they were know to run the piss out of everything,,,,and didnt get rid of anything untill it was completely done...lol.bob

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 7:53 PM, 70mackMB said:

HA! Someone bumped this one. Rick picked up the CF '93 Freightshaker in Evansville IN in January and has been working on it since then. lt was used by CF to pull triples from the mid-west to CA.  The '90 LN7000 Ford was a CF local truck he got from Black Creek NC back in 2010. And drove it home on Easter weekend at 48 mph!! We got the '70 MB Mack and a '58 Phalen 15T single axle low bed from Bluefield VA in Feb '15 and came home at 52 mph. He has one CF pup trailer as of this moment. We are headed to Peachbottom PA in the morning to get another CF trailer. Two weeks from now it's off to VT for a CF dolly and a look-a-like OVNT trailer for the MB.

41chevy...... Rick says the one in your post is For Sale in GA................   Hippy  

That was in an ad listed before a Marmon in Richmond Va. Just happened to eyeball it before I read the chopped top post.  If that CF truck was a Marmon 110 inch COE it would be on it's way to my yard.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I've seen everything but I've never seen that model,! What are the specs? Strangest tractor I've ever driven was one of those compact "cornbinder" Cabover with the five speed column shift wtf! Wilson Freight Mckees Rocks Pa! 249 extra list! Nice company to drive for one of the many victims of deregulation! Anybody see that Barnum and Bailey Circus just did their last show? Sad! I'll bet the flags are flying at half mast in Gibsonton Florida!  For the uninitiated,"Gib town" is a small town where circus people live, performers, vendors,etc near Tampa Bay.

Speaking of big trucks with  chopped tops, M/L transport(a division of Ryder) had some S model International tractors with chopped tops! I think they came from the factory that way! They were chopped so the headramp would be lower so they would be under 13'6" None of the major car haulers will permit a driver to leave a facility over 13'6" The first outfit I drove for had an an aluminum "stick"that you measured your load with.Leaseway had a metal framework with cloth strips that were set at 13'6" that you drove under.

Underdog did that Volvo come from the factory with the chopped top? Speaking of car hauling anecdotes, Nu Car Carriers had a photo at their Ayer Ma. Yard of a unit the driver drove right off the end of the headramp  AT I in Pittsburgh had a picture of an old 6 car rig that bottomed out on a rr crossing and got hit by a train! Fortunately the driver escaped! The units spread out over 1000 yds of track didn't!

Underdog,you got that right! Every bridge in New York state is marked a foot low except those in the city ( we mean it![emoji16] ) are those rental cars?

Yeah Billy rental cars going to wholesale auction... Volvo builds the special low profile chassis, the AHD, but the chop roof is done after market by Fontaine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk