Shake that THING!

Rear tires for belt separation or odd wear and than look close for worn universals,  bad carrier bearing,a loose or worn drive shaft yoke or a biding or worn slide joint in the drive shaft. Those would be the first things I'd look at.    Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

45 minutes ago, Elitedownunder said:

yes it is Newway air and which pinion angles ? the diff ones?

Yes the differentials. Like was said by J Hanncock ,the bags too high or too low with cause the u joints to bind along with other issues and you'll have a vibration. I didn't really think of that because it's there loaded or unloaded.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Try dumping the air suspension while driving and see if that changes it. Do not drive very long with it flat.  Also, a bad U joint will cause that. I had that happen. Only way I found it was when I was putting the driveshaft back up I noticed the caps didn't turn freely. Didn't notice anything wrong when it was together and I shook the yoke.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 2 weeks later...

been looking at this post since my truck has a wobble also. have checked everything and signs go to BAD tire. Just got them a short time ago.

Had a bad bearing, so replaced. didn't fix, ride height good, no loose tie rods,.....

When I replaced the bearings, noticed that several studs would have to be replaced next time.

Question-Can I use a small impact hammer to drive studs out while still on truck?  or pull hub?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

4 hours ago, hatcity said:

Question-Can I use a small impact hammer to drive studs out while still on truck?  or pull hub?

while it is normal for some to pound out studs in situ... it is considered bad practice by my profession as it does impart loadings on the bearings which can lead to premature failure... however, there are tools that use screw threads to re-re them and these are safe to use... if the studs are at the worn out point it is good practice to inspect the bearings and add a new seal.... in fact, a mini overhaul can then be done, s-cam bushings and slacks inspected.

see how I turned a 15 minute job into 2hrs...!!!  welcome to the repair industry..... LOL

BC Mack

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BC Mack said:

while it is normal for some to pound out studs in situ... it is considered bad practice by my profession as it does impart loadings on the bearings which can lead to premature failure... however, there are tools that use screw threads to re-re them and these are safe to use... if the studs are at the worn out point it is good practice to inspect the bearings and add a new seal.... in fact, a mini overhaul can then be done, s-cam bushings and slacks inspected.

see how I turned a 15 minute job into 2hrs...!!!  welcome to the repair industry..... LOL

BC Mack

I kinda figgered that. Not a big deal though. Just thought I could save some BS.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian