Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 3/1/2017 at 8:47 PM, j hancock said:

Nice Mack EH rack body!  Is the tank for FLM?

No, they build tank bodies at a place called Amthor in Gretna, Va. They only build a couple of trailers a year, and they just needed a truck to hook to it and test the lights and brakes and make sure it pulled all right. It pulled as straight as an arrow too.

Here's a picture of when I was getting a load of fuel trucks there going to N.C. last year. 

hot1297b_cut-out.thumb.jpg.de2ecda893ca893dd0ae23960e0e1ded.jpg

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, RFCDrum said:

My International when it was brand new. It is a custom built Amthor body when they were in Walden NY.

Cirin 87.jpg

The guy that rode with me told me their trailers weren't cheap, but they were  better built and a better quality than a Heil tanker, and come to think of it, about every tanker i've ever seen was a Heil. They had this nice looking boat there too, I don't know if they made it out of leftover parts on their spare time, or what, but it's a good looking boat.

DSCN7802.thumb.JPG.907fda7801c085c82f8434a34a1b32f9.JPG

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Amthor also built fire truck bodies. Their selling point was that they would supply the body, mount the pump, and then the fire department would do all the finish work to its specs.

It was a way to get a new body at a cheaper cost. Years ago, my department looked into replacing a Mack "CF" body with an Amthor but eventually went to a local shop.

bulldogboy

Wow never saw a local delivery oil *trailer* before

See quite a few about that size doing city delivery in NYC, considering a high rise apartment or office building might take 3,000-5,000 gallons at a time. Nothing that fancy, though. Most NYC oil trucks are green painted steel tanks.
  • Like 2