3406B air-to-air into R model

The FORD application 3406 motors are canted slightly,like a 673 was in a B-67. So changing that from the get-go is going to be somewhat of a challenge,right off the bat. Like underdog said,hope you're talking an R-700 chassis. The R-600 didn't leave a bunch of extra room under the bonnett for much more than an an E-6,E-7,or the occasional 6V-92,Scania,3208 Kitty-CAT,and the 413 Chrysler (the last 3 engines were in R-400's).  Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

11 hours ago, Back In Black Pulling said:

Bell housing has multiple holes in it so it can be up righted , not sure about front mount , been a long time. 

Ah ha. Easier in that department,then. Still a task.   Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thanks guys, yeah I'm building an R700 with a dog house on the back. At the moment, it is a bare rolling frame. It is going to be a big job, but it will be worth it. It is the mounting of the front engine mount on the cat motor that is of most concern.

I'm prob just going to use the ford mounts as much as possibe.The chassis width is the same after the splay.The Ford made a half moon rubber mount. It's just the front one that's annoying me at the moment.

I also have scored a fiberglass R model cab for another project. This cab is pretty exciting. The dash lay out is different to any other R model of any type I've seen. The fiberglass cab are a rigid mount, no wrap-around dash, just a panel in the middle on a 45 degree angle.

Could you fabricate the cat mount into the Mack crossmember?

Alternatively, I bet there were lots of Macks in the USA that came out with a cat. Maybe some helpful folks on here could point you in right direction? 

What macks in the USA used a cat engine and r model chassis?

Id have a guess that the 3406b was only available in the superliner... And the US superliner didn't use the r model chassis. 

There was a guy in Perth and a member on this forum who built a rubber duck replica and ended up putting a 3406b in it. So it can definitely be done. 

Thank guys. I didn't know that the US Superliners didn't use an remodel chassis 

I've got some Mack/roadranger mounts. This should locate the box in the correct position,making the motor when it should be.....hopefully. It wil have a western r700 bonnet on the big banger

Thanks again