Vintage P.I.E.

That is cool,Paul. P.I.E. was not a big Mack customer,although they buy the BULLDOG,from time to time. I recall them using FL cabovers in the '60's.   Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

PIE had a few western F models also

Sorry James,my whole post didn't show up for some unknown reason at first. I corrected it without looking at yours first!  Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

35 minutes ago, Phase 1 said:

Although it looks like an M, I think the notation states LHSW. Not a lot of those were built.

LH       1940-1953,  Total Made  822

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, Phase 1 said:

I believe I have seen somewhere that the LH was a lightweight model, possibly like an LJ with light parts on it, aimed at the western market. I suppose that when the LTL came out, it took most of the sales away from the LH.

The LF and LH models were light variants in the range. Their standard power was END672 engine and 5 speed gear box. From 1940 to 1953 totally 12,453 LF series trucks and 822 LH series trucks were made. Mostly West Coast and a lot of Aluminum on the body and Chassis. Series LJ and LM were heavier. They could be optioned out  an END405, END519 or END605 engine.     Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE