Cole Land Transportation Museum

41chevy

Any body have an opinion of them? Straight up trust worthy legit people?  Would any of you here deal with them?              Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, If the people working the floor the day we were there are any indication of the upper levels of management I would say they were great.. I have also heard that the majority of the items on display have been donated to the museum?

Brocky

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

Paul, If the people working the floor the day we were there are any indication of the upper levels of management I would say they were great.. I have also heard that the majority of the items on display have been donated to the museum?

I got the impression on the phone they were pretty good people, but wanted additional input before I give them one of their old Whites back.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

I got the impression on the phone they were pretty good people, but wanted additional input before I give them one of their old Whites back.   Paul

_Paul, Check WOT issue within last year. Big article on Coles.   A New England institution and you would ever hear a negative word about the company-at least I never did.

3 hours ago, ws721 said:

The Best!!  Well worth the visit. Not only trucks but they Honor our Military as well

we went there last year, great place. I am going to give them on of their White's back I think. It's history shows they were the first owner. I bought a pair of them 10 or so years ago and one had the Cole logo under a ton of paint. They are both in a container now and I'll never ever get to them. If they will restore or refurbish it enough for display it's theirs, other wise they'll sit in their "box" .Don't want to haul it 1100 miles to have it rot out side.    Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Dysarts truck stop for homemade strawberry shortcake. Then around the corner to Coles for the rest of the day. Couldn't be a better visit to Bangor....Coles has a few clips on YouTube also.....Hippy 

Same people own the one in Hermon Maine?

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Coles had CO Diamond Reos if I remember right. Remember right. Remember right. May bee some 90 inch BBC conventionals also.

Diamond Reo COEs and conventionals, GMC Cracker boxes and 2 White COEs that were used and sold because very quickly after purchase I was told they were not good on Northern Maine winter roads.

P.T.CHESHIRE