Amsterdam Mack Day 2016 show pictures

Wow Vlad I wouldnt have thought Mack was still getting sold in Europe then , shows how much I dont know LOL

Good to see a old Leyland Marathon they are getting very thin on the ground now I think 

Theres a face book page ( I have put the link up a few times on the forum ) that is all about the trucks running from Europe to the middle east I am surprised at the amount of F models that did that run in the photos so they must have sold a lot more Macks in Europe than I imagine 

Paul

21 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Theres a face book page ( I have put the link up a few times on the forum ) that is all about the trucks running from Europe to the middle east I am surprised at the amount of F models that did that run in the photos so they must have sold a lot more Macks in Europe than I imagine 

Paul

It's a usual thing when you get alot after a moment you start digging anything. I'm also surprized of the number of Mack trucks worked in Europe and Middle East in 70's and 80's. One funny and new to me thing I learned this time. As long as Macks were commonly used and well-known trucks in Holland at the same time other American brands like Pete, KW or say White were a real rare exotic. In my country Macks had always been exotic although the same was to Pete's and KW's. I just didn't pay much of my attention to that fact.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 10/15/2016 at 8:09 AM, BC Mack said:

Saw quite a few F models in the UK in the 70's, most owned by OHS/Contex, a UK/Turkish company that also ran many day cab R's from Istanbul to Germany..

got a photo of one of their rigs from an old driver, Andy..

also, stolen from another site, I think, was a recent magazine article about the very subject you ask... hopefully it can be read ok on here

BC Mack

jazzandy1.jpg

mack 1.jpg

mack 2.jpg

mack 3.jpg

Dumb question I have heard the term on a lot of Pommy shows on the telly but whats a Gaffer ?????

Paul

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Dumb question I have heard the term on a lot of Pommy shows on the telly but whats a Gaffer ?????

Paul

Gaffer usually refers to the boss or company owner..

a "gaffers lorry" in trucking is mostly used as sarcasm for a cheap boss who orders frugal trucks with low spec cabs just to increase his profits.... often trucks were ordered with Gardner engines for better fuel economy, but for a driver they wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, a plodder....

there are variables depending on the context, the film industry uses the term too as the head of electrical or lighting on the set... watch the credits and you will see it.

no wonder English is the hardest language to learn...!!!

BC Mack

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Knowing the history, and the fact that those rooftops were built in the USA, I'm surprised that high roof double bunk did not catch on in the states. Just a few years later around 1975 KW had a big hit with the aerodyne double bunk. Would have been a good setup for team operation.

I seem to remember about 2-3 years ago on BMT a US member had the only one this side of the Atlantic and had it for sale, white and gold?... maybe this member still posts? veterans please help out here...

would love a high roof on my MH... and a longer cab.... :D

BC Mack

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...