Quadraplex

maint1

You might want to consider a used transmission even if you have to go to a one stick I know most of us like to keep the two sticks but from where I hear is safe dares alone can run to 400 a piece or more if they have to make them I won't up buying a 5 + 4 rebuilt for 350 bucks but offers like that don't come around every day got lucky but you can usually find a good one ready to go for around a thousand bucks good luck Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You might want to consider a used transmission even if you have to go to a one stick I know most of us like to keep the two sticks but from where I hear is see gears alone can run to 400 a piece or more if they have to make them I wound up buying a 5 + 4 rebuilt for 350 bucks but offers like that don't come around every day got lucky but you can usually find a good one ready to go for around a thousand bucks good luck Bob

On 10/1/2016 at 4:22 AM, Superdog said:

Have you tried PAI ?

No luck with PAI, looking for second and third main box and bearings. Main shaft, second on countershaft. May wind up putting another trans in it and keep the parts search going.

3 minutes ago, thomastractorsvc said:

no numbers to cross the bearings over to?  

Probably can do that, want to see if I can get the gears before I tear it apart. Might wind up with a swap, have a good 13 but that isn't what I really want to do. Boss said maybe just stick the KT 450 and 13 in there so I have a pulley for the A/C. I need a sword to fall on.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Putting a KT in a LT would be a first as far as I know. That should actually fit but don't know if there is enough radiator to keep it cool.  It that the black LT?  

Dee Cameron had a LT with a KT in it also,many years ago,CCC Lumber,don't know if it's still around or not,maybe Mackdaddy knows,he also had a '20's Autocar cabover with a supercharged Cummins backed by a Triplex that he used well up into the 80's or later,pretty sure his son has it still.

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Where's the pics of the Red/black LTL from Texas with a 600 KT in it?  Smith is the name?  Met him at South Bend.

I looked at that truck in South Bend but the hood was closed, thought it was a 400 Cummins. Looked like it was a working dog or resently retired at the show.  So the Rad is big enought to get one of those monsters cool.  👍

Yup, he never opened the hood.  I don't recall exactly what all he does with the truck but I know he seems to get around with it.

I was parked directly to the left of him, as he was in the isle and I was in the grass on the corner next to the ATHS forum tent with Eddy Lucast and Peter J Crook.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"