Special delivery from CA

1 hour ago, hurstscrambler said:

That thing is sweet, what are the plans for it?  Are you gonna combine this with the yellow "glider" you posted up a while ago?  Andy

No,this red one doesn't really need anything replaced or combined,it's going to get paint,a Mercury sleeper and all aluminum wheels and call it good. The plans have changed now for the yellow one,looking for an air ride single axle rear end for it.

• Like 2

Mike,

Was that truck  originally  an Advance truck out of California? I have an old Mack Western ad featuring  one of their  "new" 700's   (early). I'll dig it up anyway.  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

1 hour ago, 57 bcr said:

Mike,

Was that truck  originally  an Advance truck out of California? I have an old Mack Western ad featuring  one of their  "new" 700's   (early). I'll dig it up anyway.  Al  

I think that was their name,I emailed Dave,the guy I got it from,I'll let you know what he says. This truck and its twin hauled steel in CA,I do know that. The serial #'s were RS763LST3437 & 3438(mine). The sister truck was sold to a guy in IN.

Would  that have had the radiator  fill-door  bulldog  mount oriiginally,Mike? I think the early  ones also featured  B model side dogs on the doors.  Either  way , cool  truck.   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

6 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

Would  that have had the radiator  fill-door  bulldog  mount oriiginally,Mike? I think the early  ones also featured  B model side dogs on the doors.  Either  way , cool  truck.   Al  

No,it didn't but I'd sure like to find one to put on it,always thought that looked pretty cool. I'm not sure about the dogs on the door. Also looking for some green deluxe door panels for it.The interior paint is good enough shape,I'm going to leave as is.

• Like 1