Mrs Mack to the rescue

mrsmackpaul

Paul what brand of loader tractor is that? Also, did I catch a glimpse of a Kubota when you parked the Mack? I had some pictures of my neighbors jd 2955 stuck just like your IH except I was bottom plowing when the ground just swallowed it on the in furrow side. (lost the pics when I ran over my old phone).

What crops are you farming? Your ground looks nice and flat like our Columbia Basin in Washington state.  

The orange tractor you would have seen is a Fiat high clearance for the sugar cane.

We are sugar cane farming, hay and about to try mung beans, a bit of everything.

The loader tractor is a Chamberlain, an Aussie brand made up till the mid 80's until John Deere took them over in the recession of the 80's.

This ground is all flood irrigated. It's fairly flat and we have no winter, just a wet season and a dry season.

Paul

• Like 1

Mung Beans?  Thought they are an Indian/ Chinese thing.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:01 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

This ground is all flood irrigated its fairly flat and we have no winter just a wet season and a dry season 

Paul

Paul, My wife is from northern Maine (Aroostook county). She has always said they only had two seasons also. " Winter and damn poor sledding".   Hippy

• Like 2

Kinda. It was 2011 and we got tons and tons and tons of rain and snow that year which is very abnormal for our high desert climate. A lot of people got stuck bad that year. Partially because you couldn't tell that is was bad wet until it was too late and partially because gumbo clay is nasty stuff that'll stick to the bottom of your shoes and literally make you taller as you walk and turns into something so hard the mold board on a grader with carbide tips can't scratch it. Also is why you don't see many people that live off the pavement with cars. They're useless after a rain where a suv (gasp) or a pickup will get you where you need to go whether it be work or an emergency. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Gotcha bout that gumbo; had a friend that lived in ark. & lived bout 40 miles away from him in MS. Just across the bridge; we ran skinner tires because our ground had clay I guess; went over there to pull him out & the gumbo just about tore my fender wells out; long story short; you got to know your ground!

gumbo is whole different world

riding 4 wheelers the mud just sticks to your tires!

When a BIG BUD is stuck your SCREWED! I've been told of a Steiger or a Versatile getting buried in a similar fashion and it was remotely close to a rail road line and they used a block and tackle and pulled it out with the locomotive, didn't see it myself but would have liked too! 

• Like 1

I have seen Steiger stuck like that it was laser leveling at night and a old dam had been filled in earlier was driving over the top with a scoop full of dirt and she sunk down on one side like that , The tractor only had a door on one side and the bottom of the door was in the dirt , the driver had to sit till morning  for the next shift  on strange angle true story 

Paul

7 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I dunno, I don't tend to comment because I will no doubt end up doing a far worse job myself shortly afterwards :lol:

Me too!

6 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

When a BIG BUD is stuck your SCREWED! I've been told of a Steiger or a Versatile getting buried in a similar fashion and it was remotely close to a rail road line and they used a block and tackle and pulled it out with the locomotive, didn't see it myself but would have liked too! 

I didn't make it back ton see them get the Big Bud out but I heard they got a fairly big excavator and carefully reached as far as they could and dug around the bud. Then they got a tractor and a cat to pull it out. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE