E9 heads

ws721

???  http://www.engineking.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_27&products_id=421

???  http://www.endurancepower.com/media/News_07_07.pdf

Paul, there are still E9s running in Oz. I'm curious, if you would give Mack Oz a call (1300696225 ) and ask them if they still supply reman E9 heads, or what is a bloke supposed to do?

At the risk of getting flamed  I must say the integrity quality of the reman stuff has gone down hill in recent years very sloppy workman ship and loose specs we have had some bum heads (bad Valve guides) bum injectors just to mention  a few your better off to find a decent local machine shop where you can control the out come of your project. Or try the sites suggested !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fjh said:

At the risk of getting flamed  I must say the integrity quality of the reman stuff has gone down hill in recent years very sloppy workman ship and loose specs we have had some bum heads (bad Valve guides) bum injectors just to mention  a few your better off to find a decent local machine shop where you can control the out come of your project. Or try the sites suggested !

You're exactly right.

Unfoutunatly you and I are on the same page on most things mindset wise in reguards to the new Mack  leader ship.

unfortunatly were stuck with it love it or hate it. It's here and we still have our cab left . 🙄

11 minutes ago, fjh said:

Unfoutunatly you and I are on the same page on most things mindset wise in reguards to the new Mack  leader ship.

unfortunatly were stuck with it love it or hate it. It's here and we still have our cab left . 🙄

Until next year.

8 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

new cab

This new cab interests me. I was told it will definitely NOT resemble the Volvo cab. The guy from Mack said "NO F'ING WAY". And with new leadership wanting to keep things separated, I have my fingers crossed. But who knows. It's all about costs and stock prices.

31 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

This new cab interests me. I was told it will definitely NOT resemble the Volvo cab. The guy from Mack said "NO F'ING WAY". And with new leadership wanting to keep things separated, I have my fingers crossed. But who knows. It's all about costs and stock prices.

It's my understanding that it's too late for the just-in Scania gang to change the cab, unless they spend money to change tooling, and money is not something Volvo currently has an abundance of.

They dragged their feet for years, finally deciding to wait until 2017-2018, so as to use the incoming new Volvo global cab as a basis (the current Volvo cab will then have been around almost 20 years old......time for new, plus the need to adapt to upcoming new, longer European cab lengths.....a very slight "nose" in the front for better aerodynamics).

The new CEO wants to keep the "brands" separate, not design. Volvo is going to stick to its strategy of global parts standardization.

This is the End then totally  Volvotized!  :angry: Yet another  nail in the box ! Well it took longer than I thought I predicted  5 years ,10 years ago they doubled plus some thats a pretty good Run! How ever maybe the Scania Guys will let us have the V8  So we have something different than the volvo trashers!

Hydralic clutch linkage here we come! 

Just another pet peeeave

Edited by fjh

8 minutes ago, fjh said:

This is the End then totally  Volvotized!  :angry: Yet another  nail in the box ! Well it took longer than I thought I predicted  5 years ,10 years ago they doubled plus some thats a pretty good Run! How ever maybe the Scania Guys will let us have the V8  So we have something different than the volvo trashers!

Hydralic clutch linkage here we come! 

Just another pet peeeave

Air assisted hydraulic (430mm) clutch is the global norm.......I've no problem with that. What a difference.

The Scania gang restructured Volvo recently in the sense that they had Volvo adopt the superior and widely praised Scania management system.

36 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

I want to hear more bout hyd clutches. I never did understand the purpose other than getting away from the linkage.

The foot force.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The foot force.

Like Vlad says it takes less force to push the pedal with out losing the "feel" and positive full release.  It pretty much eliminates most of clutch adjustment and last eliminates clutch linkage with a single hydraulic line.

2 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

I want to hear more bout hyd clutches. I never did understand the purpose other than getting away from the linkage.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ok i understand how hyd works bigger and litte pistons but with a limit of the pedal travel its almost got to be one for one with out changing the travel ratio on the clutch arm.On cars and pickupsits a good thing cause you can keep a zero amount of free travel and not adjust it but to make it easy to push you  now have to increase the pedal travel.I remenber when the busness class freightliner came out with the choice of manual or hyd clutch and some had a problem with the hyd and i dont remenber what it was. But on warranty you could change over to a manual linkage and the pressure was no different.I never did change one over so dont know what it was about but do think it takes a longer travel for a less pressure on the hyd clutch.What you say?

glenn akers

6 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

Ok i understand how hyd works bigger and litte pistons but with a limit of the pedal travel its almost got to be one for one with out changing the travel ratio on the clutch arm.On cars and pickupsits a good thing cause you can keep a zero amount of free travel and not adjust it but to make it easy to push you  now have to increase the pedal travel.I remenber when the busness class freightliner came out with the choice of manual or hyd clutch and some had a problem with the hyd and i dont remenber what it was. But on warranty you could change over to a manual linkage and the pressure was no different.I never did change one over so dont know what it was about but do think it takes a longer travel for a less pressure on the hyd clutch.What you say?

Glenn, I know hydraulic clutch actuation is an option* on Freightliner's medium-duty Businesss Class M2s, but I don't know if they have air assist.

* An example of global truckmakers giving American market customers a lower content truck.

The superb [175hp] Mack MS200P Mid-Liner rigid (straight truck) had hydraulic clutch actuation beginning in 1979. But it was the larger [210hp] MS300P (rigid) and MS300T (tractor) that had "air-assisted" hydraulic clutch action.

The Mack MS300T tractor with the air-assisted hydraulic clutch and the fully-synchronized BDSL2052R 10-speed splitter transmisson was an absolute thrill to drive !

Most heavy trucks today, aside from North America, have air-assisted hydraulic clutch actuation, provided by Wabco or other (http://www.wabco-auto.com/products/category-type/driveline-control/clutch-control/), and they're a pleasure to drive.

Air assist hydraulic clutch systems were pretty much the norm of EU heavy trucks, Volvo Scania Merc etc... you used a single plate clutch and in theory it never needed to be looked at... however, I found that the pushrod bottomed out in the slave as the disc wore and slowly a slip occurred, so by a small adjustment at mid life we got a lot more mileage out of them...

At the same time on our Brit tucks (lorries!) we had moved on to the Lipe-Rollway double disc and found the pedal effort quite high, so I thought I could transplant the Volvo F88 air assist concept on to our Seddon Atkinson 400's.. after a bit of fab work and a visit to our parts palace the end result was a much lighter pedal but still had the feel....

BC Mack

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BC Mack said:

Air assist hydraulic clutch systems were pretty much the norm of EU heavy trucks, Volvo Scania Merc etc... you used a single plate clutch and in theory it never needed to be looked at... however, I found that the pushrod bottomed out in the slave as the disc wore and slowly a slip occurred, so by a small adjustment at mid life we got a lot more mileage out of them...

At the same time on our Brit trucks (lorries!) we had moved on to the Lipe-Rollway double disc and found the pedal effort quite high, so I thought I could transplant the Volvo F88 air assist concept on to our Seddon Atkinson 400's.. after a bit of fab work and a visit to our parts palace the end result was a much lighter pedal but still had the feel....

BC Mack

That BC, there's absolutely nothing that he can't do. A fountain of knowledge with endless ability.