Macungie 2016

fxfymn

anyone know the final count?? I was 449 at  9 oclock Friday morning and I know they were lookin for more room to park them sat. place was mobbed more than I can ever remember. they even put a ban on golf cart use unless necessary. I think the golf carts are getting out of hand at most truck shows myself. lost of beautiful trucks as always and a few I have never seen before. probably the biggest let down was the Mack tour. they had it about cut into a quarter of what it usually is, didn't get to see much and then had to wait over an hour for a bus with a bunch of others while bus after bus took employees back and forth to the parkin lot to the front. lots of disorganization there!

Edited by Maddog13407

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I heard 705 vehicles were at the show.  One of the best shows in recent years.  Other than a "damp" start on Thursday, the weather was GREAT!  Always nice to see friends, trucks, and the "walking stock" was not bad either.  Met a few new BMT members.

Mike - thanks for the transportation!

BTW, goodbye Ron!

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ditto; Hats off to Doug and everyone else who work so hard to make this so much fun for the rest of us. Great folks and a lot of beautiful trucks.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Made it home and everything is back where it belongs, but I almost met my maker again on I-81 in almost the same spot as I had my misfortune coming home from Trucktoberfest. I was following an 18 wheeler when we topped the hill just before the I-83 merge and all traffic had stopped. He jammed the brakes on and dove over into the shoulder lane which gave me enough room to slide to a stop without hitting anything. If he wasn't such a good driver I would have hit him while going a pretty good clip. I thought it was a CCC Trucking rig, but the truck was red and all of theirs are white so I'm probably wrong. The only clue I have about the driver is I had noticed his name on the door with a 2.5 million mile safe driving award. Thank you whoever you are.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Carl - glad you got stopped without any issues.  Did you need to clean your shorts?

I went thru that area earlier but traffic was just starting to back up.  Looked like a van was rear ended by a pickup pulling a travel trailer.

Ken

They were doing a repair to the sign for the I-83 merge. And yes I left both black and brown skid marks. I'd love to say it was my great driving, but in all honesty the other driver saved my bacon.

Starting next year I am taking 222 to York and then across to Gettysburg to 15. No more I-81 hex for me.

It was a CCC truck, Crete Carriers, not CCC out of Auburndale, FL. I wish that I had not been so rattled that I could have gotten the trailer number.

• Like 2

They were doing a repair to the sign for the I-83 merge. And yes I left both black and brown skid marks. I'd love to say it was my great driving, but in all honesty the other driver saved my bacon.

Starting next year I am taking 222 to York and then across to Gettysburg to 15. No more I-81 hex for me.

It was a CCC truck, Crete Carriers, not CCC out of Auburndale, FL. I wish that I had not been so rattled that I could have gotten the trailer number.

Several times a week, I travel from Baltimore back home to the Lehigh Valley. Almost always go 30/222, unless there is an issue there. I-83/ I-81/I-78 is downright dangerous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Several times a week, I travel from Baltimore back home to the Lehigh Valley. Almost always go 30/222, unless there is an issue there. I-83/ I-81/I-78 is downright dangerous.

I-78 is a mess from east of Krumsville to Allentown.  Perhaps it is time to find an alternate route. 

• Like 1

Ken

18 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I am a member of a VFD that covers portions of I78 between Allentown and 33. And we are up on that godforsaken piece of road at least 3-4x per week on wrecks, and have to extricate (use the jaws of life) no less than 2-3x per month.

as Tonto would say-Whats this "we" sh*t white man

when was the last call you made?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, farmer52 said:

I-78 is a mess from east of Krumsville to Allentown.  Perhaps it is time to find an alternate route. 

Taking the PA green stamp to the Reading exit (Route 222) and then north on 222 to Allentown is an extra 17 miles (~20 minutes) and $14 additional toll.  May give it a try when I attend Trucktoberfest in September.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...