5 minutes ago, mowerman said:

excetankert,,,,didnt realize it was so r ough,,,,beautiful job,,,thanks for the updates,,,,keep us posted...bob

Unf

Unfortunately the bottom half of the tanker body was the worst part for rust. Plus the fact the cabinet floors were all hacked up from years of modifications.

I'll keep up the posts of the progress.

gotcha,,,,,,man its certainly coming right along....looks real good,,,,glad you were able to save it,,,im finally building my dream shop now be working on mine soon....about time ...had it 21 years lol...bob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Looks good.  I like fabricating, even if I don't have the right tool for the job LOL!!

I don't have all the fancy rollers and benders either, wish I did though. I think I see them in my future though.

So far everything I have made has been literally made by hand with a welder, cutting wheels and a nice straight, flat edge on my work bench.

42 minutes ago, mowerman said:

gotcha,,,,,,man its certainly coming right along....looks real good,,,,glad you were able to save it,,,im finally building my dream shop now be working on mine soon....about time ...had it 21 years lol...bob

Whatever shop you build will never be big enough. LOL

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Looks fine!

Wonder how things will go with the curved parts of the tank..

Luckily Vlad, the curved part of the tank are in good shape. The lower side panels took the most abuse from the salt and junk they used on the roads during the Pennsylvania winters.

WilleyDog, have you heard of Eastwood Company.? They have videos of the many body tools, benders etc. etc. Of their creations. They show how to build floors or how to make sunken threads. So many things for the do it yourself people.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Willie dog said:

Whatever shop you build will never be big enough. LOL

ya im going for 30 x 30 should do it....getting it all lined up now,,,pretty excited   but i know what you mean lol.bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

ya  im going for 30 x 30 should do it....getting it all lined up now,,,pretty excited   but i know what you mean.bob 

I have a 28x32 shop and while the truck fits pretty well, I still could use some more room. Take it from me, if you can go bigger than you think you will need.

Ten foot tall doors or more are a blessing as well.

Good luck with the new builfing.

Will it be a work shop or storage?

work shop,little storage and garage,,,thats about as big as i can go for my space available have half acre lot but my house sits  in the middle and i have a huge porch and little workshop in the back ...bob

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

work shop,little storage and garage,,,thats about as big as i can go for my space available have half acre lot but my house sits  in the middle and i have a huge porch and little workshop in the back ...bob

My first shop in Oyster Bay was 25 x 30 because like you it was the biggest for the property. The one thing I did at my pops suggestion was a barn style roof. That shape gave me a loft with storage in the eaves and a 15 x 30 man space / work area.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ya thanks paul,,,i was thinking the same thing....wanted to move my propane tank for a little better driveway access but old lady doesnt wanna go for it,,,,she is afraid to have it too close to the house,,,,i can appreciate her input and reason...but it would make things a bit easier lol.bob