Finally time to start assembly.

Got it at Harborfreight in a gallon can.   Put it on with a roller.     They also have it in spray cans.  I tried them on some brackets.  It painted and covered nice, but I don't think it's near as tough of covering.    With the roller stuff you get the texture from rolling it.  The more you roll it the more coarse the finish.  

Got it at Harborfreight in a gallon can.   Put it on with a roller.     They also have it in spray cans.  I tried them on some brackets.  It painted and covered nice, but I don't think it's near as tough of covering.    With the roller stuff you get the texture from rolling it.  The more you roll it the more coarse the finish.  

I want to my dash and give it a textured finish. Wondering about this now. 

Being a bedliner paint I'm guessing it's uv resistant. 

Being a bedliner paint I'm guessing it's uv resistant. 

I think  I read somewhere the harbor freight stuff of top coatable with other paint if you want a diffrent color.   I'll see if the can says anything.   

Not so good day today.   Loaded our 2 johndeere's on the trailer behind the "B"today and the 2 kids and myself left for a show/pull about 25 miles away.     On the way there truck  something didn't seem quite right,  seamed low on power.   This was the first i took it up and down the hills that way loaded so I just wasn't sure.   Got there and fuel was spraying on the side of the truck.    Front injector line is spraying fuel out the fitting on top of the pump.  Nothing to do there so wired a can over it to keep the fuel from being sprayed on the exhaust and it will have to do.   Unloaded tractors and got a 2nd place in my first weight class with the kid's "B".   Second class something seamed to get tight in the motor and slowed it to a stop.    Pushed it off track started right up and loaded it back on trailer.   End of the day went to leave  made it 1/2 out the driveway and the throttle pedal on the mack snapped off about 1" above the pivot where the 2 bolts go through it.    So I called my dad and had him go to my place (only 1/4mile) to get my pickup and a list of tools I came up with in my head.     He took the kids and the gooseneck home so they could get to bed(very unhappy wife).   I ended up drilling the pedal and bolting a steel plate across the brake to bring it home.image.thumb.jpg.724260ee8dc306914a8f30c39485d859.jpg.  My pillows not on the couch so I guess I'm safe.    

After all my rambling on now I'm gonna ask for info.    The fuel lines that go from the pump to the injector. Do I buy them, make them, or how do I go about that fix?  Do I change them all right away?  How high of pressure are they?

I think I've seen the fuel pedal assemblies on the Watt's sight.   

• 4 months later...

Buddy used to SWEAR by his lil red Festiva.  He actually had a fleet, as with as rusty as they get in Ohio you have to have "spares".  They would run 250K miles without motor problems.  If you could keep them from rusting, they would run forever.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Buddy used to SWEAR by his lil red Festiva.  He actually had a fleet, as with as rusty as they get in Ohio you have to have "spares".  They would run 250K miles without motor problems.  If you could keep them from rusting, they would run forever.

Agree 100%.   Main reason I got rid of mine was rust on the floor and where rear suspension fastened.    I wanted something I felt safe hauling my kids in.   Above 65mph the doors kinda flapped and I could stick my fingers between them and the roof.   The stitching in the seat belts got brittle and came apart. I had them knotted together.    

Ya, control arms would break loose, he had to keep exhaust pipes handy as they would rot in half, plus a few other issues I have forgotten about.  But at an easy 50 MPG no matter how hard to drove it, he loved them.  Fold the seat down and you could carry an entire engine back there.  Great beater/work cars.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 3 months later...

Started on the front bumper yesterday with 80 grit on the da and belt sanders.    Then went to 180, 240, 400 wet, and finally 1000 wet before buffing.    Then dad started with his red cutting wheel with rouge and I think 2 other steps.   Still needs rubbed over by hand once stuck back on truck, but turned out pretty well.

The finished pictures are under my led pole light at 5:30 this morning.   

image.thumb.jpg.b8de206167e7bfea35669ea8ba949e32.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.988b2706aa8e7608d399ac8f8bd8cbe8.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c7ca6f6114654d139c0b9c374a2c88e9.jpg

• Like 1