L power Steering

maint1

• 3 weeks later...

Thats is one way to get to the steering box!! You won't have a problem getting to much anything to work now. With that box apart on the floor it did not look to healthy to begin with. It that the Special red grease used to stop an oil leaker? 

Looks like to far apart to consider that an in-frame now...LOL.  Wasn't that truck just though a major restoration?

Had some Blow By and head gasket leaks. Keith really likes this truck as his driver, want it to be able to go anywhere, and the power steering will make it more fun. Probably won't take it to Oregon as we have some other stuff we planned to take, I know he wants to drive it to Magungie. Just replaced rear rear, went out on a drive coming back from parade. Hate to see it on the hook, lucky  I had the wrecker with us that day. Also getting clutch relined and surfaces redone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AZB755V8 said:

That truck will be totally new or rebuild real soon. Whats not to like about a new LT...:thumb:

Is A/C in the plans, They get a little hot in the cab.

Hmmm! Don't say that too loud, going to send the Radiator out to be rodded or  cored, might measure for a condenser, but shutters would probably have to go. He mentioned it, but I did my hard of hearing deal. ( my bride knows that deal well).

3 hours ago, maint1 said:

Hmmm! Don't say that too loud, going to send the Radiator out to be rodded or  cored, might measure for a condenser, but shutters would probably have to go. He mentioned it, but I did my hard of hearing deal. ( my bride knows that deal well).

These old Cummins run really cool if there is no load on. There should be room behind the radiator for a condenser, a few degrees hotter isn't going to make a real difference.

Keep the shutters, just keep them open. They are classic on the LT's even with the grill guard. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 08.05.2016 at 2:58 PM, j hancock said:

Ouch!

Yeah....those bearings look ugly!

The R box looks good.

No, no! They aren't too bed!! Just swap the lower shells with the upper's and that thing will fly!! :D:D

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave,I didn't realize until I talked to Jerry Howard last week at Walcott which truck this was. As nice as it is now,it was 100 times cooler before it was restored. Jerry brought it to Walcott right after he bought it and I fell in love. That thing dripped cool. Got any before pics at all?

43 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Was this the one with the stacks behind the sleeper?

Yep,screen door bug screen,same owner/operator for 30+ years,fresh off the road,think he was leased to LandStar.It looked straight out of the early '70's,outlaw steel hauler special. 

I wish I could find my pics,that  was before digital  camera.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Superdog said:

Dave,I didn't realize until I talked to Jerry Howard last week at Walcott which truck this was. As nice as it is now,it was 100 times cooler before it was restored. Jerry brought it to Walcott right after he bought it and I fell in love. That thing dripped cool. Got any before pics at all?

No I don't have any, I liked it before as well. Talked to Jerry yesterday,  he had a good time there. Hopefully will make a good driver for Keith.