masterwelder

Jack it up in the middle and pop-rivet that roof back on...some ironing required, and it will be good as new. Your butthole must pucker right up when the trailer makes contact! I know you can see the bridge is too low...if you happen to be paying attention that is.

• Like 1

12 or 13 years ago, I had just got hired by a company who put me into a brand new petercar with all of 400 miles on the odometer. I was on my way to pick up a load one day (flatbed), and when I saw the bridge marked 12'8" I didn't think twice about it, because I KNEW the truck was 12'...so I should have 8" to spare. My heart sank REAL quick when I heard the "thud" as I passed under the bridge. I thought for sure I had knocked back the stacks or broke the amber light off the roof. Then I remembered my CB antennas measured 13'6". That's the closest I EVER want to get to knowing what it feels like to hit an overhead structure.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rowdy Rebel,

Living in Eastern PA we have tons of low bridges- so I set the CB antenna just an inch higher than my stack that way I can inch up to the bridge and see if it hits before I go any further.

My stock radio antenna is on top of the roof and hit bridges here a lot and that always makes me duck even when I know I have clearance.

The CB antenna on my Mack reached to 15'6" when it was new...102" whip mounted on the lower mirror bracket. Needless to say, it gets into EVERYTHING (even hit a 15' bridge on the highway), so I've come to expect it over the years. The end curled around and the tip broke off...so it's not as tall as it once was...but it's still 14+ if not 15'.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

There's an bridge over in Enid that is famous for catching steering wheel holders. Its been hit dozens and dozens of times over the years, so much so, they painted teeth on the thing. Google Enid Maine Street bridge if you want to see it, I can't make links cause I don't know how and don't care. :)

Try a car hauler in NYC... talk about pucker factor until you learn your way around... And the fact that New York marks most bridges a foot lower than actual. I have stopped in the road to measure bridges with my height stick. Better than topping a $40,000 automobile.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I saw a picture somewhere a week or so ago of a water truck that belonged to some fracking company out of West Virginia that had crashed through a bridge in Greene county, Pa. The story said the driver was following his GPS. The bridge had an 8 or 10 ton weight limit on it. I know from past experiences with light weight roads and bridges in Pa. that that's gonna cost somebody a ton of money- maybe several tons.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm sure you guys have seen this pic before, been floating around awhile but still makes me grin a little.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wonder what that bridge was made of?

Difficult to trust but it doesn't look as solid concrete.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Wonder what that bridge was made of?

Difficult to trust but it doesn't look as solid concrete.

I don't know Vlad but I guess high tensile steel + high speed = broken bridge?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.