I hope like the Kemp Autocar COE mixer it is not just sitting.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I took the picture of the LM August 2003 with its new owner and Dick Kemp passed away September of 2007.

Same truck? I think it is. I don't remember him having two LM's. The auction was 2009 so I don't think the date of after his passing would be correct for the Hanks picture.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

There was also a serie of WW2 LMSW heavy wreckers produced.

They were used by Canadians.

Had the same style flat fenders but central positioned cabs. The later ones had military style open cabs.

There are still many survivers in Europe, mostly in the UK and the Netherlands.

AWESOME HEAVY WRECKER!

• Like 1

2,391 LM's were made from 1940-1956. I don't know how many were standard cabs, offset cabs or cabovers.

Did all LM's have that exhaust set up? The one I hauled had the off set cab. It came from Newport, N.H. Jct of 11 and 103. I forget the mans name who owned that garage but he had a lot of interesting stuff

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

The standard cab LM's looked similar to a heavy duty LJ with conventional exhaust. The offset cabs could be ordered either way from some old pictures I have seen.

The Newport truck sounds like it was from the Smith Bros auction at the old power plant. I sort of remember the LM but dead camera batteries screwed my day for taking pictures of any of their trucks.. I do recall the DM815 with juice brakes.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.