I tried to leave a message in the wiki under the SLC Lighting but it would not let me.

I know that there name gets used a lot when it comes to looking for lights so I thought I would let you know where I am so far with my purchase with them.

I ordered and paid for my lights online on 22 December 2015. They were not shipped until I called them on the 29th looking for my tracking info. Got an email latter that day with UPS tracking info. UPS wont deliver until Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday this week.

Not sure about the quality as I have not received them, but to take 14 days to get a box that will probably weigh around 8lbs is ridiculous I am only 800 miles away, not like I live in Caribou Maine and they are coming from Anchorage Alaska. Yea I know about the Holidays but if you are open and accept my money it would be nice get my stuff.

BTW to compare I ordered a Sony Camcorder on the night of the 22nd, got tracking info by midday and it shipped on the 23rd, from Cameta Camera they are in NY and I got that stuff on the 29th.

Product Code Product Description
516-31-789 Cab Marker - Bullet OLD - Amber Incandescent
516-31-773 Cab Marker - Bullet Short - Amber Incandescent
528-3301 Interior Dome Light
982-23-230 4" Mega Spot Light- Twin Pack W/ Black Housing

After I get the items I will let you know about quality compared to the ones I bought from Ebay and the shorty one from Mack.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Mines were perfect as much as a chromed plastic part can be.

I related them with the set on my 1988 R-model cab wich has a half chrome gone and they looked almost the same including the lenses.

I still keep some crazy idea to find a shop wich would be able to reproduce their bodies of copper by halvanic way. Saw model builders made scale car bodies that way but it was no less than 20 years back and I lost the track. Putting real chrome on a copper body would make it shine forever.

But taking to account those made in China SLC's cost it's much easier just to get a spare set.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Just opened them up seem to be decent quality but the marker lights are chrome plastic, the other lights I bought seem decent enough. I could not find any markings of where made just the part number. It will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can compare to the set I got from Ebay and the shorty from Mack.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

I finally looked the lights over. They seem to be the same quality as the Mack and the other ones I bought from ebay.

They are chromed plastic, all seem to have a curve to them but none seem to have the same as the roof. None have made in china and in fact they all have the similar markings only on the lense.

Over all I would say they were made buy the same people.

Mack most expensive at about $100 per light

Ebay $100 for five all same length

SLC around $65 for 1 short and 4 long

Pictures of the light I bought from Mack and will be returning

post-10018-0-84859400-1452895861_thumb.j

post-10018-0-22889400-1452895866_thumb.j

post-10018-0-99218900-1452895869_thumb.j

• Like 1

Robert

Probably the OEM manufacturer, with out the expensive dealer logo boxes. The look great to me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Probably the OEM manufacturer, with out the expensive dealer logo boxes. The look great to me. Paul

The insulator pads to put on a roof seem of a poor quality foam material.

I'd just prefere to see well shaped rubber ones instead.

But chrome finish is nice.

The insulator pads to put on a roof seem of a poor quality foam material.

I'd just prefere to see well shaped rubber ones instead.

But chrome finish is nice.

I spent the day at the painters and just went through the old lights and pitched the trash. The foam on the old ones looked to be about the same thing just all dried up. I have no idea how long the cab lights were mounted but I am sure at least 20 years by the looks of the chrome

Robert

I spent the day at the painters and just went through the old lights and pitched the trash. The foam on the old ones looked to be about the same thing just all dried up. I have no idea how long the cab lights were mounted but I am sure at least 20 years by the looks of the chrome

That's a good point. Hope that foam will work.

You can see my original lights. I'd say it's not bad being almost always outside since 1988.

post-3971-0-54401600-1452988506_thumb.jp

Here is my SLC experience....

shipping had a glitch, but it was border/customs/brokerage fees related... I recommend anyone in Canada have them posted rather than UPS.

product met my expectations, the curve didn't match my roof but nor did the old ones, foam made up the gap and squeezed down just enough to seal out water but I added silicone to threads and wire hole...

price was very nice....!!

bolt kit didn't provide long enough "short" bolts so bought some s/s screws from HD...

bulb was newer style sealed unit which should keep out the rain better.

and for your visual needs... pics attached

BC Mack

post-10384-0-52720600-1452995125_thumb.j

post-10384-0-31208200-1452995152_thumb.j

post-10384-0-95209300-1452995171_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Ordered  mine (SLC bullets) a few weeks  ago and got them within  5 days. Look to be decent. Will check  them out and put a little  dielectric  grease around the socket/bulb area before  mounting. The ones I bought  for the BCR,came from PAI. Look just as good. Can't  beat their prices,for sure! Al  

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA