Never saw one like this before

Outbehindthebarn

Looks like an I H radiator surround and a homemade or modified A-car hood . I have seen Generals and Bisons with pit fenders

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've seen them around thought they were stock?

Could be, no mention on the brochure but that means nothing. Nothing like that in in the North East unless it was for municipalities. Nice conversion none the less. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Pit fenders on a tilt hood? or like this one?

Saw it on a equipment show in New Jersey. Thought it was photo worthy.

post-3242-0-37178700-1450574790_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well I'll be. . . fixed fenders and a tilt hood? Right?

They were spaced off the hood and tilted with it. Fenders appeared to be Aluminum

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul

That General looks like an oilfield truck and most of their welders are artists when it comes to fabbing up something like that.

It's a residential Cesspool Ring truck.

My info shows the pit nose conversions were made by WARD 79 Limited from Up State N.Y. Same company that did MACK conversions for the DM600 , RD600 and RS600

P.T.CHESHIRE

Back in the early 90's I was hauling oak logs out of Vt. 1 of the trips a man from southern Vt had a General log truck like that. It was quite a truck. He told me it was ordered to be a compressor truck for I.R. going to south America. The order got cancelled so GM was trying to sell them. He said it was a great log truck except it was heavy. If I remember it 8V92 8LL rubber block susp. Steel butter fly hood with steel fenders, triple frame

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!