Fire Museum of Maryland's Macks

I'd love to meet the operator who felt he had to use a steel hammer on them to get them tight.

Sometimes I think to myself every part of an old vehicle may keep its history.

With that we may rest some damages not fixed completey.

It either seems a bit of difference of restoring and building a replica.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Sometimes I think to myself every part of an old vehicle may keep its history.

With that we may rest some damages not fixed completey.

It either seems a bit of difference of restoring and building a replica.

You are right Vlad. That is why I did not even attempt to straighten the bent lug on the steamer cap and why one of the pump intake pipes will be plated with the same porous holes on it that it had from the factory.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That is way more work than I would ever do

The oldest equation in the world is time versus money. For most of everyone's life they have the money to do something, but not the time or you have time, but no money. I'm in the time, but no money phase of life, so I can spend hours prepping parts instead of paying a shop $60.00 or more per hour to do it for me. Besides which I'm pretty anal about this stuff and unless I went to a real high end shop like Paul's Chrome it probably would not be good enough for me.

You just don't have the time yet. There will come a day when you spend a lot of time making one of yours right. Besides, it keeps me off of the streets and as I tell the wife it's cheaper than a girl friend!

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The oldest equation in the world is time versus money. For most of everyone's life they have the money to do something, but not the time or you have time, but no money. I'm in the time, but no money phase of life, so I can spend hours prepping parts instead of paying a shop $60.00 or more per hour to do it for me. Besides which I'm pretty anal about this stuff and unless I went to a real high end shop like Paul's Chrome it probably would not be good enough for me.

You just don't have the time yet. There will come a day when you spend a lot of time making one of yours right. Besides, it keeps me off of the streets and as I tell the wife it's cheaper than a girl friend!

I showed my wife what you're doing. When I had the NOS bumpers re-chromed for my 1941 Chevy I block sanded the Copper coat with 400 to 2000 wet and dry to remove and trace of "polishing waves". Wife was sure that I was nuts!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Carl you are really doing it right, can't wait to see it in Pa. my next project is the return of my fire company's 34 Seagrave ,which has been gone for 42 years, it's in pieces but all their.we hope to get it back home in early spring and start the plan.

lloyd scott he owned a small truck sales lot east side of town on rt 3 in same lot as the case tractor dealer

I do not, but I think I know where you are talking about. I believe it was a Case construction equipment dealer??

Steelman grew up here and I'm sure he would know him.

I block sanded the Copper coat with 400 to 2000 wet and dry to remove and trace of "polishing waves". Wife was sure that I was nuts!

As you well know every little scratch or nick will show through the plating. When you pay for "show quality" plating what you are really paying for is the extra time someone has put into polishing and repairing the part before it gets plated, not the actual plating.

Carlotpilot: I know LLoyd, known him for years. He closed his shop a few years ago, but he and the wife are still around. He is still active in the Fredericksburg Historic Region AACA club here in town. Steelman

wow that son ofa gun still kickin huh i should get over there and see him we used to do a lot of junk tradin. i have`nt seen him since 93 0r 94 thanks steelman for the update

• 2 months later...

A couple of photos that I took at the Fire Museum of Maryland in 2008. I was lucky that I was there on a day that they were having an outside show and demonstration.

The first is a Mack "AB" paddy wagon and the second is FMM's Mack "AC" pumper drafting from a drop tank. Like fxfymn says, the Fire Museum of Maryland is well

worth visiting.

bulldogboy

DSCF0025.JPG

DSCF0007.jpg