B 61 Air Tank Question

Pulled my air tank today after hearing a leak and found a few small holes which turned out to be a very bad spot in the tank which is about 2" wide by 5" long. Before I try to weld this I was wanting to know if there is a source for a new air tank. I cannot find a part number on this tank. Ideally I would like to get a new tank and mounting straps if possible.

post-21582-0-43871500-1449684036_thumb.jpost-21582-0-15544600-1449684043_thumb.j

DON'T WELD IT!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!

Not sure there are new ones available, at least NOS kind of thing. Likely someone has one, somewhere. I gave mine to a fellow in Florida a few years back when I stretched my truck and put tanks up on the side of the frame.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

My B70 sprang a leak in he air tank on the way to York this year. I found a screw on the floor and put it in to get it home then we took a tank off a truck in junk yard. We were back on the road the next day. I don't know a source of new tanks.

cough cough, I have had one welded , at least a new bung welded in one off a B61lt. it had an aluminum tank. different kinda thing. I don't think id even touch that one. that's a tough tank to find in good shape. any tank with two chambers like that will work. that one has the wet and dry in one tank. up til around 1960 Mack used that same tank with holes in between the chambers. after that they used the air line on top between the chambers like you have in your picture. you can just add two smaller tanks, on on back and one on the side and obviously use the 1st one from the compressor as the 'wet tank'. just make sure you put a check valve in it

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Try Gerharts?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE