1979 Mack R-Model lowboy tractor, 126,758 miles

jimmymack61b

1979 R-Model Mack lowboy truck low miles 126,758. It has a 300 tip turbine motor with two stick 6-speed, 38 camelback with 4:17 rears. It has spent most of its life in a building, it has a lot of new and rebuilt parts, radiator,clutch, shocks, wheels, tires, bearings, seals,pto, pump, seat,aluminum battery box tops, etc. I am the 3rd owner and have all the receipts from the 2nd owner and I. I am asking $14,000 for more info please call after 2 p.m. central Jim 270-836-2135

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

Nice inside, looks like the paint would buff out to a decent shine saving on a repaint for a little bit. If it was a just a lowboy truck with 127K, why so much work done to it i.e clutch, bearings, pto pump and seats?? I now some stuff wears out from sitting like hoses and seals but never heard of a bearing or clutch falling a part from sitting inside with occasional use

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Thanks for straightening the pictures, not real good on computer. I was told the original owner pulled a lowboy with a small dozer locally and put about 61,000 miles on it. In 2000 he sold it to a friend that owned a concrete plant, he was having problems with his new Autocar so he bought it as a backup truck, he sent it to the Mack certified garage here in Madisonville and told them go through it and make sure it needs nothing, they put an exhaust blower on it to blow material into the silos, that's why it has more hours than miles. I bought it in Sept. 2014 with a little over 96,000 miles, it was sitting in a corner of a building and looked like it had not been moved in a couple years, I spent a week or so fixing leaks, a brake chamber, a brake valve, tail lights, where somebody knocked them off , dry rotten lines, seals, new shocks, etc. bigger wheels and tires to get 68 mph, the inside was trashed, extra wires going nowhere, 3 C.B.s partially hooked up none of them working. The truck has 126,758 miles and 4570 hours. I do not know if it needed everything done by the second owner, the Mack garage said basically they were given a blank check and told to go through it, I have those receipts and can tell it was done. The Mack mechanic is the one who told me about the truck when I was looking for one. I pulled a 39 foot frameless dump hauling limestone to TVA for 3 months, I have a new 5 in. chrome stack and NOS stainless steel mirror arms that go with it. if interested please call for more details, it is easier to talk than type with one finger.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, that looks like a great find! I've been watching it too, if it would have been closer I would have been all in.Congratulations cant wait to hear the new stories and about how much fun you are having with it. I cant believe the condition that its in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hicrop10 said:

Great buy. Has the same spec as my 79 R model. My truck has only 74,000 miles on it. I know it to be true cause it been in the family since new. Just replaced the water pump.

Post a pic here. We'd all like to see it.!

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"