B-73 Restoration

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

when is Rocky possibly going to be there building? I sure would like to be there and watch (assist) the master. It's been a real long time. I'll even buy the coffee and. 

Not sure, yet. I let him know the parts had arrived, today. I think we're probably 2-3 weeks out to start assembly. I'll reach out to you as we get closer to an actual date.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Uggh... I was off from extensive thread reading for a while and finally got myself to all the recent (to me) portion of the story today. The most of my expressions duplicated the comments the other folks put in. Actually the engine story turned out as a restoration in a restoration. It may be pointed out that the engine could be revised before the initial installation etc but I won't be that crytical on that point (and sure the most others won't too). First of all a huge portion of job was done to the cab and chassis. Which both turned out absolutely amazing. Second the initial engine condition didn't give matters to mind rebuild. And third it's much easier (psychologically) to redo the engine knowing the rest of the truck is already done and waiting for only the last part. So I'm pretty sure the things will be fine soon. And with the approach Matt puts to his work it can not even be any other way.

It was very interesting also to read about jobs and services over the years and see the lathe. Personally I have never seen equipment of such style before. 

Sooo... Best of luck to Matt on the further progress and sooner complete of the truck!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Great write up bud hats  off to you couldn’t have said it better myself .. let’s face it. This guy is got a complete brand new truck now or will be soon. More snow today. Oh goody another deal way I can’t even drive mine into the garage yet with all the sloppy weather…. Bob

• Like 1

perfection always takes time; usually in the end worth every minute spent. engine lookin good. I stopped and talked to Mr. Rockwell few days ago. un be knowns to me gent sitting in the group was Dom Moffos  Jrs son. he's following in Dad:: Jr// Grandads /SR's"" foot steps. with the trucking.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

That's good news, so both blocks and cranks were okay I take it

Paul 

One was a better candidate for rebuilding than the other. The one I bought for parts was the keeper. But, both are still usable.

• Like 2

That's a Caterpillar thing too.  Part of the repair on a failed component in finals or other internal housings where chips or filings may still be hiding after a cleaning.  Theory is the paint helps keeps particles trapped.

• Like 1
  • Like 1