53 ford jubilee

carlotpilot

Look to the coil.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Heat doesn't help conduct electricity, the colder the better as far as electrical current flow goes. Engine warms up, in turn heats a weak coil up and it doesn't work well enough to keep your tractor running.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

If it runs the same 6 volt system as my 1947 Ferguson, the coil has an internal resistor the fails hot under load. Really going bad you'll see te oil from the coil in the coil wire tower.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

got into this thing a little more today` it has brand new fuel tank all new lines to the carb coil does not get overly hot but still cuts out and quits after a few mns,working am thinking now bad float as it starts right back up . it also creates a wind storm out of the fuel tank when motor is running never seen this before . could be that aftermarket tank is just flimsy it has also been converted to 12 volt

got into this thing a little more today` it has brand new fuel tank all new lines to the carb coil does not get overly hot but still cuts out and quits after a few mns,working am thinking now bad float as it starts right back up . it also creates a wind storm out of the fuel tank when motor is running never seen this before . could be that aftermarket tank is just flimsy

Run it off a can and see what it does. Still thinking Ignition though. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

If it runs the same 6 volt system as my 1947 Ferguson, the coil has an internal resistor the fails hot under load. Really going bad you'll see te oil from the coil in the coil wire tower.

Not to get off subject but I have a 1948 Ferguson. Been in my family since the 60's. Great little machine.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Vapor lock? Did you change the fuel line locations when you changed the tank? Did it do it before you changed the tank? If not, it is probably something associated with the tank; bad pick up, kinked fuel line, collapsed rubber line, etc.

I'm not a big believer in coincidence when it comes to troubleshooting; usually it has something to do with what you did last. And my bet is it will turn out to be something simple.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Geeesh guys, the ECM needs to be reflashed. Better get it to the dealer.....

Also, check the flexer valve to see if needs to have the thirty weight ball bearings changed.

It will be something simple. The good old days.

checked both knippilinn pins that connect to the nernst drive modulator which regulates the gama flow sensor which is run by the fan hub gear all seem to operating properly so it must be the damn carburetor

Your carb have a bowl drain on it? If it does flush it clear a few times, could be a piece of do do in it. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Your carb have a bowl drain on it? If it does flush it clear a few times, could be a piece of do do in it. Paul

i`m going to take the carb off and clean it out & check & reset the float see if that works the thing is not mine so i`m not spending lot of time on it . I do have a 52 8n to redo one of these days it runs & works