Mack Moving Headquarters, Other Facilities To North Carolina

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read all the comments and this was in there:

The smoking gun????

Alright, now you guys and gals know I'm about as fond of Volvo and their ownership of Mack Trucks as most of us on this board but I do not believe this "comment" was produced, or written by Mr. Johannson for a minute.

It would not be professional, (in the least) to publicly release information such as this, and would certainly be a "career killer" in any profession, (let alone a CEO of a worldwide corporation), if revealed publicly. No matter how disliked a person, or corporation may be, the reprecussions of such a move would follow negatively.

Until proven differently to me, those comments are considered fabrications to further someones personal agenda. I would like to think the comments have merit, but again a CEO of a worldwide corporation, (even an ex CEO) would not make those type of comments in my beliefs. To publically admit that any manufacturer is unable to build a truck that will last as long as an existing design would be foolish.

I'm quite sure the attorneys would love to prosecute this one if true.

Sure don't mean to step on anyone's toes here. These are my beliefs and I'm not asking anyone to follow but rather, "follow your own".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:mack1: hey guys it is very stupid to make a statement like this but it could be an insider how not want his name on this topic and you can wait on it that they read the same articals in greensboro but we have a saying overhere : WERE SMOKE IS IS FIRE . i am curios if there is coming a reaction on that statement greetings rene :bulldog1::bulldog3:

I beleive if they could have ,they would have!But that would have opened them up to law suits!Too many just mack dealers! If you had the volvo and the mack line you would have to keep your trap shut!But if you had Just the MacK line then you would have lots of amo!They will likly starve the dealers for parts and do other things to make it not worth while to be a macK Dealer!They will get it done!

I beleive if they could have ,they would have!But that would have opened them up to law suits!Too many just mack dealers! If you had the volvo and the mack line you would have to keep your trap shut!But if you had Just the MacK line then you would have lots of amo!They will likly starve the dealers for parts and do other things to make it not worth while to be a macK Dealer!They will get it done!

they are already doing this and jacking the prices up so high it is just stupid

• 1 month later...

I have been away from the site for a while but I can honestly say even though this was expected it is still a kick in the nuts... F Vulva and the horse they rode in on! I still stand behind every statement I have made in the other thread of what a cancer and pos the V word is...

quick question have the main office moved yet ? came home from work the other day my aunt (who lives w/ me ) told me it was on the news the other day

& i mailed a corrction on my bulldog mag label they have me as MATT not Mack on adress label i hope they get it as i sent it to Allentown

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

quick question have the main office moved yet ? came home from work the other day my aunt (who lives w/ me ) told me it was on the news the other day

& i mailed a corrction on my bulldog mag label they have me as MATT not Mack on adress label i hope they get it as i sent it to Allentown

later

:mack1:

nope WHQ is still there.......not sure exactly when it's leaving though......lots of rumors and speculation there

• 2 weeks later...

Mack delays production shift

Some things to point out through the propaganda.

-The Mack spokesman is a Volvo employee located in Greensboro.

-Most people here feel the delay is over the union contract. Volvo is trying to take things away from the Union and using the move as a bargaining chip. The plant has not even started tooling up for the highway truck.

-The comment about half the people at WHQ moving is not totally true. Most people including myself say they are going to Greensboro so Volvo does not lay us off early. The staff at WHQ is mainly administrative. All engineering on Mack trucks is done at the Test Center.

Mack delays production shift

Some things to point out through the propaganda.

-The Mack spokesman is a Volvo employee located in Greensboro.

-Most people here feel the delay is over the union contract. Volvo is trying to take things away from the Union and using the move as a bargaining chip. The plant has not even started tooling up for the highway truck.

-The comment about half the people at WHQ moving is not totally true. Most people including myself say they are going to Greensboro so Volvo does not lay us off early. The staff at WHQ is mainly administrative. All engineering on Mack trucks is done at the Test Center.

I,m on the phone to Allentown talking to various Mack guys and gals for about 1 to 2 hours aday. Mostly warranty and engineering people . I have only found 2 that are "making the move". Even the most of the Mack One Call guys are leaving. Who is Mack gonna get to fill thoes shoes? A year form now when I call Mack for help on an ASET problem I'll get a Volvo guy who dosent know anything about a ASET. Dosent look good .