What One Should I Choose? Mack Or Transam Help

Hello,

My Name is Tommy JR. Im on my Dads account and i need help. I need to make a desision by the end of today.

What should i get. A 1978 pontiac transam or a 19?? mack u model is a salvage yard the is going to be crushed or torn to pieces in 2 weeks? HELP

Transam EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m29

Mack u model 2,350$$

MACKTRUCKside.jpg

HELP ME :)

Thank you BMT members in advanced,

Tommy JR

Edited by 1961mackb61t
20060626041155_20060626.jpg

Of course when you come to a Mack forum, the answer will aways be "get the Mack"

However you need to consider how you intend to use the purchase. The transam will be better for going to the movies or grocery store.

And then there is fuel, tires, repairs and insurance to worry about for each of them......

David

Of course when you come to a Mack forum, the answer will aways be "get the Mack"

However you need to consider how you intend to use the purchase. The transam will be better for going to the movies or grocery store.

And then there is fuel, tires, repairs and insurance to worry about for each of them......

Yeah i no i put a topic in BMT and a transam forum. I want to see who wins between both forums. then tally them up and i got my answer.

Get the Mack! (The T/A seems jinda pricey for the condition...)

I would say the mack, but have some cheap little beat around truck to get around in. Build a cool Bed for the mack, take your girlfriend out to dinner in the mack of course. If she complains about the truck then you don't need her..lol. Just think you could probably get into SOME parking spaces with it. T/A is a nice car, but the mack would get you more attention if that's what your after. It's your choice buddy. That's just my .02 cents.....

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Only thing that car will get you is trouble,buy the Mack.Besides,there's tons of those cars around,U models are really getting scarce.Get the Mack now,later down the road you can always find another Pontiac.That old U looks pretty solid,other than that front corner,fiberglass is an easy fix.

Thank you. It looks like the mack is going to win between the 3 forums i put it on. Iv known the mack since i was 8 years old and i cant see it go to scrap. Thank you for everyone that voted for either one. i got to make my decision i by tomorrow 5:00 AM. Ill let you guys know what one i choose.

Thank you. I NEED MORE VOTERS

I love a '78 T/A just everyone else. Especially a "gold" edition, as a close friend of mine had one. His was just a few steps above that one and he had it totally restored(full qtrs) and it was perfect when he was done. Great cruiser car.

If you have the room, I'd go with the U(like everyone else). It's hard to beat an old Mack, though being a short wheelbase it will be pretty rough riding. There is still alot of parts around and you can spiff it up pretty easily. I suppose the price is just over scrap? It's sad as it's a pretty tall price for the overall condition it seems to be in.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Actually,the T/A doesn't look too bad,but you need to keep in mind that for a limited edition car like this,anything you have to buy that's specific to this model is going to be either impossible to find or ungodly expensive :o . There's also the "cop magnet" issue to consider;even if you don't drive it like an idiot,the cops will always be watching for some reason to "check your papers". :pat: (Been there-done that) I've been pulled over in my old 1945 Mack by the cops,but it was only to tell me how cool it is,and ask questions about it;what's it like to drive,what size engine,how many speeds,does the air horn work,etc. You'll have little trouble finding parts for the Mack,if they're not available new,there's good used parts to be found and you have the help and support of some of the most knowlegeable Mack owners in the world here to help you with whatever use you decide on for it.

We know you'll make the right choice. Post some more pics when you get it. :thumb:

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Mack. As Mike says, they're becoming scarce. Plus you've got a fair bit of your own history with that truck even if you haven't owned her yet. Too many trucks are getting scrapped these days.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

yes,better-but that doesn't mean you couldn't drive the Mack to the store or movies! How cool would that be? It'd be awesome,you'd be the envy of all your friends!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.