Gotta love the county

ranchhopper

Well it happened already I have my parts truck sitting in the neighbors horse pasture next to the fence bordering the cemetery it was turned into the county now it has to be moved. You cannot see this truck from any roads unless you drive down the cemetery drive I believe its the neighboring village who turned us in that's how they operate they wont face you and come up with an equitable agreement with you just turn you in to the county and be done with it. The neighbor woman is 75 years old and I help her out a lot so she offered to let me park it there for free so Im not going to fight the county over it I would sell the truck whole less the radiator or I may just part it out its a 73 RS600L with an aluminum frame I have a title for it if I do part it out I would sell the frame with the VIN tag and title. The thing runs and drives but the cab is shot and hood is pretty bad too it sits on walking beam suspension I believe the walking beams are aluminum has a good set of tires fronts are 1100X24.5s Im keeping the rears they are 1100X22.5s if it gets parted all the budd hubs are spoken for it has a good air sliding fifth wheel, aluminum battery boxes covers have been sold, engine, trans has power steering run off the rear of the air compressor, heavy front axle beam all springs and axle housings less the carriers are going to go to the scrappers. Aluminum frame will probably go to the scrappers with the walking beams too has some good gauges left in the cab I bought this truck strictly for the parts everything is the same as my RS really don't want to get rid of any of it but working six ten hour days limits my time to tear it down I was going to do it at my leisure during the summer the whiners always seem to ruin every bit of semi rural life we have left around here being in an unincorporated part of the county.

post-18980-0-65150400-1431385113_thumb.j

post-18980-0-46472600-1431385142_thumb.j

post-18980-0-87220400-1431385172_thumb.j

post-18980-0-42629000-1431385203_thumb.j

post-18980-0-49758400-1431385230_thumb.j

post-18980-0-16065200-1431385256_thumb.j

post-18980-0-19488400-1431385282_thumb.j

I had thought of the antique plates like I have on my other truck but then I have to write a letter to the county explaining why its no longer a commercial vehicle then the states attorney has to determine if its no longer commercial. If its determined that its still a commercial vehicle then it puts the parking of my RS in my driveway at risk and believe me these people are vindictive you fight them and lose your problems have only began I was informed to park that truck on farm zoned property it needs to be licensed as a farm vehicle. Its amazing the farmer down the road who is also a county politician has a bunch of semis parked a half mile down the road from me he charges them by the month to rent space to park and they hit me up because of one semi tractor.

You said they recently changed the zoning ordinances? Try the "existing non-conforming" route. Basically, you were there and the use supercedes the new changes. Then tell them to pound sand.

(by the way I can neither confirm or deny that I am a zoning officer......and know how to mess with other zoning officers!!!)

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I put antique tags on 37 trucks, the first 2 cost me an additional $55 each on my antique policy, the rest 0. About 1/2 were behind a fence and a hedge line on my back field. Town of Riverhead found them with the Government version of Google Earth and 6 Drones. They use it to find illegal pools, decks and vehicles. Seven of my units are now letters . . .F U only visible from the air.

If I planted Corn this year instead of Spinach and Lettuce I would have given the a better message.

Very good we think alike.
  • Like 1

Ohh, I know ALL about townships and zoning. Been there, 11 yrs ago. Have Mike dig up that picture of him in a suit going to court about his fight with them! It's all about POWER and MONEY.

About 4 yrs ago, I was riding with someone that got a speeding ticket in Indiana. The bottom of the ticket basically said......."if you give us an extra $50, we'll forget to tell anyone about this". (meaning it won't go on your record). Naaaa, it ain't about the money. Ha.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's been going on for quite some time. The dirt track my grandparents used to race at...developer came in and bought up the surrounding land and build a neighborhood around it. New residents bought these homes right near a dirt track...AND THEN COMPLAINED ABOUT THE NOISE on Saturday nights. After fighting legal battles for several years, the track owner passed away and his kids just didn't want to keep fighting their father's fight, so they shut it down. That happened when I was a kid...prolly 20 or so years ago. The way I figure, if it was there when you moved in, you deal with it. If you're there and somebody wants to do something new, then you can voice an opinion. Hell, county here passed "nuisance ordinances" 6-8 years after I was in the house. I say they don't apply until such time as I've been justly compensated for the lost property rights. I bought the house in part because I COULD let the grass grow if I'm out on the road for a few weeks...or leave a project truck in pieces in the driveway for a while until I get back home to finish it up. Now? Grass can't be more than 8" (I still mow once a month if I feel like it) and you can't have inoperable vehicles parked (deputies ain't got the balls to show up here to ask...hell, even the game warden was leery about making that turn up the drive when he wanted to ask if I'd seen anyone messing around with the ammonia tanks across the tracks. I've got a reputation around here that tends to keep the uninvited away...)

World sure would be better if people would just take ol' Hank's advice:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Same with the farmers. City folks move to the country or housing developments and then they bitch complain about the dust, noise, and smell. When I was a kid and we had cattle, I made sure I spread an extra amount of shit manure close to the fence row.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"