questions about an older trixale lowboy trailer

Thanks for the well wishes.

The trailer should be ready in the morning, but so is the bill, they did end up going a little over budget keeping my fingers crossed.

Life has taught me I forget about something going going over budget if the job is good a lot quicker than if the job is crap and within budget even if things go a real longway over budget

As my grandfather always said "it's only money and you cant take it with you. Because the worms will eat holes in it "

Paul

• Like 2

1st) good wishes for the Mrs. My wife had to go thru it too.

2nd) trailer looks good. Nice black paint and don't worry about the $$. you can earn it back

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Thanks all for the thoughts.

I just got this today from the UPS man looks like I have some work to do (6 tires) but hopefully it will be a little easier with this stuff.

post-10018-0-51492400-1427404809_thumb.jpost-10018-0-31038200-1427404822_thumb.j

I normally use a 4 ton floor jack to lift 98% of the stuff I work on and a 12 or 20 ton bottle jack for what that wouldn't lift. The old floor jack didn't want to lift the trailer or Superliner for that matter and I crawled under that old trailer to take the wheels off the other day to chain them up and that sucked as it is hard to shimmy under so I treated myself to new 22 ton jack and tire dolly. Yea, I know they are Chinese but I went and looked at the OTC and Omega and the ones on line and they were all north of $500 for a jack. I got this from ebay and it comes with a 90 money back and was only $180 with free shipping. I put it together and lifted the Superliner several times this afternoon and let it set to see if it would leak down and it seems to work fine. The quality doesn't seem to be any better than the ones I looked at in person in fact other than the color they look the same. I figure when it craps out I will just replace the bottle jack portion with a new one. The wheel dolly seem to be the same as the OTC that they use at the Speedco and petro

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

that style equalizer seems to be problematic. my belly dump uses the same style. i cant tell from the pictures witch ones you put in. but i have been having a little better luck with the cast ones vrs the fabricated steel ones. if you have any crooked leaf springs it helps to straighten them out when you are doing equalizers witch most the time means new u bolts. looks like they they did a nice job on the trailer though, should serve you well.

• Like 1

They are the fabricated ones. I think for my use they will hold up well hauling trucks and tractors around. They called last night said it was ready but did not have my bill ready, called a little bit ago and they are still figuring it out, hopefully they are still trying to figure in a discount!

• Like 1

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Update on progress

Weather turned cold, than I went to Ohio via West Virginia the first of the week, then rain so yesterday was the first day it was warm enough outside for me to try and tackle working on the trailer, I was hoping to finish cutting off the other side this afternoon after today's events. Also had to pick up two new packages of Bee's and get them moved in.

Found some 3/16th tread plate in the local steel yard and got a steal at $0.22 per pound about $80 sheet (4 x10) post-10018-0-11059000-1428247543_thumb.j

I think they got me on some angle drops though $0.78 a lb.. Picked up 4 sticks of 3 inch channel and 8" channel for the bumper

post-10018-0-44117400-1428247531_thumb.j post-10018-0-47858700-1428247546_thumb.j post-10018-0-62075300-1428247557_thumb.j

post-10018-0-79128900-1428248246_thumb.j post-10018-0-10661800-1428248260_thumb.j post-10018-0-44208400-1428248274_thumb.j post-10018-0-67070800-1428248288_thumb.j

• Like 2

Robert

• 2 weeks later...