questions about an older trixale lowboy trailer

Great work. Just a question how did you bend the diamond plate ?

The poor man's way a hydraulic bottle jack a few tack welds a piece of chain and a length of channel and most important ambition with patience. I thought about getting it bent and sheared and made a few calls but decided that I would attempt it first since I would have had to load everything up and drag it into town.

I tacked welded and made a few marks than started the bend with the c iorn and jack than Re adjusted and worked at it until I got the right bend. Then while it was pressed down I tacked it and used a hammer to get the corners down the way I liked.

The left side went in like a dream so my confidence was up for the otherside.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 2 weeks later...

Some of them is mine some is my sons

It is supposed to rain tonight and clear off by late morning.

Waiting on a guy to call back about his tractor issues, if it is dry enough hopefully can get the wheel pulled and acid washed and maybe primer.

Robert

Looking at the pics of what you started with. Its amazing how good that looks!!

Just a thought about your tie downs. One of my floats has "D" rings on the deck as well as the sides. I was going to cut them off when I bought the float. I decided to leave them for a bit. Now I don't know how I got along without them. They are handy for old tractors.

Probably too late now its painted, but just a thought for whenever.

Great job!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

post-17364-0-44241400-1432858103_thumb.j

Keith 

Looking at the pics of what you started with. Its amazing how good that looks!!

Just a thought about your tie downs. One of my floats has "D" rings on the deck as well as the sides. I was going to cut them off when I bought the float. I decided to leave them for a bit. Now I don't know how I got along without them. They are handy for old tractors.

Probably too late now its painted, but just a thought for whenever.

Great job!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

attachicon.gifImage 1.jpg

I have not added the D rings yet wanted to load the B and the tractor. I was thinking about putting them down the center to. I figured it would be easier to mark and weld on after paint and then touch up as needed with some rattle can paint.

• Like 1

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

well I just flicked back to page one of this thread shes come a long way strait as a die very dark with all that black paint must be a US thing "I paint it black and they will never see this huge over size load" LOL

Top job you should be as proud as considering were it came from were its gone to thanks for taking us all along for the ride

Paul

• Like 1