load tested the louieville today again

gearhead204

if it was a dm 800 I would say the springs would have a curve still. I should have scaled it , just glad the box cyl. didn't come thru the top of the tower :whistling: I'm missing the side board on the other side so it's a little lopsided .....thought I had better not spill all over the road, didn't want to leave a trail of bread crumbs so to speak. didn't want to waste the time or fuel for the 5th trip :tease:

yes there was a little room next to the tailgate but my gate sw. wouldn't quit leaking air in the lock position ,so I had to load forward.

yep the ole girl has a heavy beam up front 18,000 I think I might have overloaded the tires I don't think 11-24.5 was enough tire :whistling:

the truck started its life in Langley B.C. then came to the states in 1982 I had a after school job at Tonasket redi-mix and Herb had bought it, it was 6 yrs. old then. it mostly ran solo from the pit to the plant about 4 miles each way hauling mix rock. when herb closed the doors in about 2002 my buddy bought it, then never hardly used it so I bought it 4 years ago, later after talking to Herb I found out it has less than 10,000 miles on a Cummins overhaul 350 s.c. 13sp. the dump box is junk but still works for a farm truck. and don't drink as much as the 534 in the old 5 yarder.

TO many different engines trans radiators exhaust no heat poor wiring to many holes in the frame Mack a lot of interchangeable parts U_R Ford would need A LOT OF innovatory to keep me happy . Ive got 5 veh from super duty f_350 explore expedition no problem..

Ed

I have the LNT-8000 tractor kit still in the box-must be 30 years old. I had built one with a 7000 gal Fruehauf tank kit that came with Gulf decals I do believe that LNT and the tank are in pieces in the attic.

ya i built that same rig when i was 15 the LNT,,,and also the DM800 then 40 years later wound up buying the same 2 model kits,,,cept i had more ambition as a teen bought the mack,10 years ago and its only a third complete,,,and the LNT like 6 years ago and its still in the box,,,,lol...you know i guess we shouldnt be bragging about this,,,,,but back in 71 i didnt have to work 10-12 hrs a night.then come home to a honeydo list lol.was gonna work on the DM thru the holidays but chose drinks and TV. but i am getting anxious to atleast finish the DM soon......bob

Wow, you must live in a lawless state! No tarp, overloaded I wouldn't even think about getting close to the road with that load. D.O.T. here in Michigan are like fleas on a dog. Got pulled once for no tarp and it cost me two points on my license and upped my ins.

Edited by mcotter
  • Like 1

the rock source was only 2 miles from the house and on secondary county roads, those roads only see law enforcement when they are called, and I could always turn off onto roads to property I either own or lease along the route if I saw trouble coming... lol

lawless state....not this one !!!! very rural location is the key to this operation!

• Like 1

Gearhead204 (Rob)

This is fitting for my first ever post on BMT! Another northcentral washington guy, heck your neighbor! Pretty nice to still be getting some dirt work done here in January! No snow.

Like Herb's old truck. He was sure great to do business with back in the day. Saw him yesterday at the hardware store.

My drivers report your Mack is PULLING HARD!!!!!!! And you say it's stock??? No wonder you have gone MACK CRAZY!!!! LOL!!!

Did you see my economy truck, that old MAGI 1987 FREIGHTLINER CONVENTIONAL with the Big Cam 4 and 9 speed. VERY basic truck, single stack, steel wheels but got me thru a couple of pinches this year in apple and pear harvest.
Even hauled a load to Wenatchee myself in the old girl! Made it but SURE MISSED CRUISE CONTROL!

I brought my Pete 359 home from Western Pete in Spokane. We did some enhancements and got a little fender bender one of my young guys had fixed. Also wouldn't you know we collected a deer also! Same side bumper and fender. So got them all fixed at once!

All the best bud! Never frequented this site. Great to see you are posting a LOT here.

GEOFF

You probably COULD throw a rock that far. Now you've got me worried I might have hit your place when I shot in the New Year!!!!! LOL!

The 86 Pete 359, the blue one was the one that had a couple of incidents. I'm always trying to improve that sweet old truck. I try to make lemonade out of the lemons that come along. The cab leaked bad, needed some new skin on top of the cab so while it was over there we did that too, and painted the top of the cab. All new clearance lights and air horns. Took out a couple of the old antenas that are no longer used. Still kept the old crooked one from back when it was a logging truck.

Kinda funny NOW, not funny when it happened. Same day I took the Freightliner to Wenatchee. There was a wreck at the light where you turn to go across the Columbia river. Narrow to get traffic thru the accident. A young guy that I helped get his CDL was going thru and a 17 year old kid in a Honda car glanced off his right front fender/wheel area. Didn't do the Honda ANY GOOD!

So the bumper was pushed OUT

• Like 1

Woops, this will get my post count up in a hurry! Accidently posted before I was ready. Farmers and typing don't mix!!

Then I think 2 days later a very good driver, just bad luck hit a deer and pushed the bumper back IN!!!!!!

As the song says, THERE AIN'T NO EASY RUN!

Heard something about a new building going up over there. Fantastic! Nothing like being in out of the elements!

Got the radiator rebuilt in my old 1960 Ford 955 Super Duty dumptruck. Hauled a few loads with that old girl the other day. Nothing like this old iron is there? Drove that truck the first time when I was 10 years old in 1973. That truck is pretty special to me.

Well I'll traverse around the site a bit. Seems a LOT goes on over here. The old ATHS site and pretty much JOT sites are slow.

GEOFF

• Like 1

Hey Brocky, great to hear from you sir!! In about 20 minutes I'm heading out to take my Pete 389 out for a drive. Forecast is for snow tonight so this is a last opportunity to take the Pete out and charge up the batteries, stir up the gear boxes, and warm her up a little.

You wintering well down there in sunny South Carolina??

The 69 Diamond Reo is safe under cover. Didn't use her much this year, got a CHEAP 87 Freightliner conv, bit more power and easier to keep up with traffic than the old DR. So the Freightliner gets used a lot more for what the DR used to do, short hauls around and moving equipment. Still glad I got that Diamond Reo though and we take care of her. Everything is in good working order now, but still need to do body work and paint to REALLY do the trick on her. Good solid truck for sure!

You take care sir!

GEOFF