Looking to Buy a Mack...A Love for Quality Built Trucks

Mack-F-Power

Hi all, just joined the forum here within the month of November and have been a visitor for some time before I finally decided to become a member. This is a great forum and the best Mack site on the net! Looking into buying an F-Model and getting my start in owning my first big truck. I've been to many truck shows including the ATCA show in Macungie for the last 4 years in a row and plan to attend many more in the future. Always look for the old iron and unique trucks at the show and can't help to say that Mack is always a favorite there. I'm a diesel mechanic and have been working on big trucks for almost 9 years, but for a different make in Freightliner. I do appreciate the older units out there as this new junk has too much emissions and electronics. Glad to be a member on the site! Thanks.

-Sal

Welcome aboard! I'm happy to hear of your interest in Mack trucks, they are the best. And the f model is one of my favorite as well I hope you find a v8 model. There are many folks here with a great wealth of knowledg and everyone is always eager to help each other that is what is so cool about this forum . Have a ball looking for your truck and keep us posted with your findings:)

Welcome aboard!! Tons of good members and helpful too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome,and I hear ya about the new trucks having too much BULLSHIT electronics & emission crap on them today! Oh well,they're not going to take the stuff off,so I guess we have to get used to it! :thumbsdown: Hope you find what you are looking for in a truck and adivce. Here at BMT,we're loaded with it!........uh, advice that is....... :D Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Glad to be here and I know that for any information or questions I have this is my only stop.

Welcome,and I hear ya about the new trucks having too much BULLSHIT electronics & emission crap on them today! Oh well,they're not going to take the stuff off,so I guess we have to get used to it! :thumbsdown: Hope you find what you are looking for in a truck and adivce. Here at BMT,we're loaded with it!........uh, advice that is....... :D Al

I agree and they certainly won't be taking any of it off Al. If anything more unwanted junk and wiring will be added lol. They don't make anything like they used to that's for sure. Back to Mack though...I had a question about a 300 plus engine. This has a 10-speed Eaton behind it and the very well known tip turbine setup on the engine. Stock they are 315 horsepower. Is there any way to turn them up slightly to get more power and keep them reliable? Had a guy in person tell me they can be turned up to 365 horsepower pretty easy. Thanks. -Sal

There was a 2 valve tip turbine rate at 350 h.p. It was originally called the ENDT678, later became a E6-350. What the differences are for the higher h.p. I do not know. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Welcome! How's the search going? An F is a good choice, cool looking and getting more rare. Some nice ones in the gallery. You will find guys in the hobby are very helpful and active on the site. Good luck!

The search is technically over as I've been looking at an F-Model that's been for sale for awhile, just trying to gather the funds to make it happen. It has more rust in the bottom floor of the cab then I would like, but when I seen it in person...the first few seconds is all it took to fall in love. Thanks a lot and for the welcome. I'm hoping to buy this unit real soon. Will keep everyone updated.