1957 GMC 632 tractor

Bigdogtrucker

I have the same truck 1957 630 with the same spilt block 503. What is the difference between a 630 and the 632 ?

One is a six wheeler, one is a ten wheeler as I recall

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I had one of those too,tried forever to find a home for it,only one that wanted it was the scrapper.

Those seem to be more of a east of the Mississippi type unit. Most Fuel Oil, Lumber yards and Grocery haulers were either Jimmies, Dodges or Fords here back than. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice looking truck.Looks solid. I would love those fenders for my GMC D-860 uses same fenders and grill. Plenty of torque 455 lbs.from the 503.Joe D.

I was going up rt. 220 in W.V. on the way to Oakland, Md. one time and caught a glimpse of one parked in a field. I thought it was a D860 so I made it a point to go that way again and stopped to look at it. It was like the one in the picture, with the big 6 gas engine. That was several years ago, I don't know if it's still there or not.

It's far left in this google earth picture, right behind the combine.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

know where theres a flatbed like that...looks solid,,like to have it,,,but i know me,,,and it would just sit around...lol.bob

Offer the truck's owner free parking at your place. You could admire it through a window while indoors and examine it whenever you wish while outdoors. It goes when it's time for it to go and everyone wins. :lol:

• Like 1

sounds excellent,,,but its already in someones yard in the middle of nowhere,,,so i doubt he has a storage problem.lol.usually got money and room,,,but no time right???bob

I'm working on a clock that keeps half-time because I have the same problem you do. You can borrow my prototype. :lol:

• 6 years later...
On 11/28/2014 at 5:00 PM, 41chevy said:

One is a six wheeler, one is a ten wheeler as I recall

630 is the general series number.  The last digit replacing the zero is an indicator of the wheelbase length.  631 = 141", 632 = 153", 633 = 165", 634 = 183", 635 = 201".  If the truck was a factory 3-axle, the letter "W" would be included in the model number, which means dual drive rear axles.  The lack of a "W" indicates a single rear axle.  Example ("D" = diesel engine, by the way):  D632 or DW632.

("Six wheeler" and "ten wheeler" are both 3-axle trucks (tandem rears) as opposed to 2-axle trucks (single rear).  All 3-axle trucks have ten wheels (dual rears).  "six" and "ten" are just two ways of counting/naming the wheels on the same 3-axle truck.)