CB Handles..........

1958 F.W.D.

Bob they call me Hollywood too , I was in a TV commercial for my company with the truck.

Gonna have to change it to Phantom 309 because my new Mack will put them all to shame, and seeing nothing but tail lights.

wow interesting,,,,really like your new rig...bob

in 1977 i used the money i got from selling a sheep at the county fair to by a midland 23 channel 13882c i think was the # finally trashed it in 1998. the whole damn valley had them them during the late 70s and early 80s our neighbor even had one on his orchard tractor. us kids all had walkie talkies and our moms keep tract of where we were on the farm that way.

• Like 1

Well, back in the 70's when I first started on my buddys base station I was "Silverstreak". Mainly because I loved the movie when it came out(with Richard Pryor and Gene Widler).

After getting on the interweb thingmabob I became "Freightrain", but rarely ever get called that on the radio since nobody really talks on them. Got them in my daily driver and the B model(though hearing it is a concern LOL). It was always handy when I traveled the highway to work everyday(construction for 10 yrs straight). Not so much anymore, as I take back roads. But I will always have it just in case.

In the racing crowd I'm "Battlestar" because of the car. Though have been know to answer to "Hey A-hole"........

Grew up with a Navaho 23 channel, finally died a few years back and I found a President Madison base to replace it. I like the old stuff too, even though I have Uniden's in the trucks. I do have a vintage Realistic "phone" CB upstairs. I always wanted one growing up, since it looked like you were talking on the phone and that was cool back then(long before cellphones). It works, but is pretty noisy with the lack of much filtering in the power side. Cool none the less.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

gave my boy a old cobra 23 while back that my wife had in the 70,s the thing had very little use,,,i didnt realize he was gonna unload it on EBAY,,,,i was furious,,,thought he was gonna hang onto it for conversation piece...shoulda known better,,my kids are all idiots, :loldude: .........bob

G/f got me a new Mack shirt, the red/white/blue flag version(not sure how new the design is?). She would fill it out very, very well. Only problem is she will NOT allow pictures to be taken of her. No how, NO WAY!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"