Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Today's progress:

1. Took off driver's side battery box (only had the bottom). Stripped and painted area around the BB.

2. 'Mater didn't come with any battery box covers, so my plan is to use the better of the boxes and put both batteries on the driver's side in one box and make a cover for it (Mack was going to charge $200 for an R model cover).

post-18831-0-88739200-1426634855_thumb.j

post-18831-0-31729600-1426634930_thumb.j

post-18831-0-69254900-1426635039_thumb.j

post-18831-0-85000200-1426635185_thumb.j

• Like 1

Will you slow down? At least let the paint dry! :tease:

Just kidding but seriously nice work and progress. Will we get to see the final result at York, Macungie, Lititz, or Allentown?

Given how low geared it is, I doubt I'll be traveling far with it, so those events are probably a no-go. Who knows, though. Brooklyn is 20 minutes up the road from me, so I'd like to at least go there with it.

Also, I was rushing the paint as fast as I could by putting the covers over the big wood stove in the garage, heheheh. I really, really wanted to take pics of the completed boxes and tops on the truck today, but the paint wasn't quite ready.

VERY popular topic, your progress is interesting many people, GREAT pictures and brutish, bad-ass tires! Goes to show just how much someone can accomplish when their heart and mind are into it. Thanks for the continuing updates. :thumb:

I was going through the thread again and came across this post from NY-B61. I'm fortunate that I had all winter to work on the truck, but I can tell you I still enjoy it immensely every day. Most days I'm bummed that I have to go home for supper! LOL.

Yesterday's progress:

1. Replaced a missing bolt/nut combo on the hood support arms.

2. Put bends in the PTO/dump levers to A) give the passenger more room, B) make the levers easier to reach from driver's seat, and C) avoid hitting the glove box cover when in the down position. These levers are really sweet now.

3. Put a little more body filler on the cab corner to fill in some deep scratches from 40 grit paper. Sanded it down with 220 and 320. It's better now.

4. Sealed a pinhole in the rear corner by the exhaust with weatherstripping adhesive on the inside. Paint will take care of the outside.

This coming week is prep week for painting the cab (tentatively) on Thursday.

• Like 1

Sort of. The paint will be NAPA's PCC, and it will be a close match to Mack green. Having said that, "Mack" green is actually two separate colors, and I'm going with a green that's sort of in between the two.

Is Mack green a combination of two colors or did the color change at some point?

• Like 1

Jim

According to the local Mack dealership, there is a "classic" B-model green that's a little darker and a modern Mack green that is lighter. I wanted something in between.

That's interesting. Pitt Ohio's Pinnacles appear to be "Mack Red" but I think they are actually a shade darker. When a bumper or hood is replaced you can see a very slight difference in color and when compared, it's the replacement parts that appear to be the true "Mack Red". I seriously doubt Pitt Ohio is spec'ing it's own custom color from the factory, especially so close to the standard color, but I guess it's possible.

Jim

That's interesting. Pitt Ohio's Pinnacles appear to be "Mack Red" but I think they are actually a shade darker. When a bumper or hood is replaced you can see a very slight difference in color and when compared, it's the replacement parts that appear to be the true "Mack Red". I seriously doubt Pitt Ohio is spec'ing it's own custom color from the factory, especially so close to the standard color, but I guess it's possible.

I think Pitt-Ohio is Imron P9001EB Seminole Red. It's the same as Tesone trucks too. I'll have to look at the next Pitt Ohio that comes in. I have the code for Exterior Mack Green. It's used Frank Bryan trucks. I just did a rear dm cab panel for them a couple months ago. I'll get it tom.

• Like 1

I think Pitt-Ohio is Imron P9001EB Seminole Red. It's the same as Tesone trucks too. I'll have to look at the next Pitt Ohio that comes in.

That shouldn't be too long of a wait :P. BTW if it's D1790, have the body shop do a full detail in & out, rims included. I'm sure Pitt won't mind... :whistling:

• Like 1

Jim